Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables question
Special Forums IP Networking iptables question Post 302840409 by michaelrusse on Monday 5th of August 2013 02:16:31 PM
Old 08-05-2013
iptables question

I have two programs, a datagram socket based sender and a datagram socket based receiver. The sender emits a short UDP message to 192.168.0.100:33333 every second. The receiver creates a datagram socket with a default port number (let's say it is 44444), clears the iptables adds the following rule:
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport 14450 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 44444.
This works great when the receiver is started before the sender, but NOT if the sender is started before the receiver. It looks to me like the iptables are only consulted once on the initial message from the sender but not for any subsequent messages. Is that correct behaviour or did I miss something?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IPtables

Hey guys, I have just started using IP tables and was wondering if anyone could direct me to any good online resources as I am totally new to this. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 182x
1 Replies

2. Linux

iptables question need help

Description i used iptables firewall is a month,running is favorable.it is failed when i connecting to my server on time.the servers' web service and all ports did not connect.i remote login the other server and through intranet address login this server then i restart iptables .but through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proceed
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Need help with iptables

Trying to create a whitelist to limit bandwidth. My sync speed is 1536/256 kbps. Simple rules in order: 1. Do not limit (or set to 1536/256) MAC 00:00:00:00:00 (computer is in 192.168.1.0/24). 2. Do not limit (or set to 1536/256) MAC 00:00:00:00:01 (computer is in 192.168.1.0/24). 3. Do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kripz
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Iptables

What should be the iptables rule so that only the subnet 64.61.11.224/255.255.255.248 may access the mysql port 3306 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

IPTables question

Hope someone can help cus m really stuck. Im pretty good at making basic IPTables rules to get what i need done, but this one has me beat. I have only 1 Nic in my linux box , and its setup as a trunk to my switch. I have 5 vlans setup on it: eth0.1000 eth0.1001 eth0.1002 eth0.1003... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: UKShark
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with iptables

Hi, On the IPTABLES, I did iptables --flush. I want to start fresh. Now I only want two things. Allow one ip address to this server. Allow port 443 as incoming from every where. Please advice how to do this. This is what I did so for. iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -s 1.2.3.4 -j ACCEPT... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

iptables question.

I am setting up a new squid daemon to run on my server. I want to make sure that everyone inside my network can access squid but I want to make sure everyone on the internet is blocked. eth0 is connected to my internal LAN via: 192.168.0.5/255.255.255.0 eth1 is connected to the internet via:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nondescriptciti
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multi-table iptables Question

I have a question regarding IPTables packet flow, that I am hoping I can get an answer to. We have a fairly advanced implementation of IPTables that I am trying to convert into a third party product and I am not quite certain on the packet flow in the current IPTables implementation. We are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: knightfirefx
2 Replies
aconnect(1)						      General Commands Manual						       aconnect(1)

NAME
aconnect - ALSA sequencer connection manager SYNOPSIS
aconnect [-d] [-options] sender receiver aconnect -i|-o [-options] aconnect -x DESCRIPTION
aconnect is a utility to connect and disconnect two existing ports on ALSA sequencer system. The ports with the arbitrary subscription permission, such as created by aseqview(1), can be connected to any (MIDI) device ports using aconnect. For example, to connect from port 64:0 to 65:0, run as follows: % aconnect 64:0 65:0 The connection is one-way, and the whole data to the sender port (64:0) is redirected to the receiver port (65:0). When another port (e.g. 65:1) is attached to the same sender port, the data is sent to both receiver ports. For disconnection, use -d option. % aconnect -d 64:0 65:0 The address can be given using the client's name. % aconnect External:0 Emu8000:1 Then the port 0 of the client matching with the string "External" is connected to the port 1 of the client matching with the "Emu8000". Another function of aconnect is to list the present ports on the given condition. The input ports, which may become sender ports, can be listed with -i option. % aconnect -i client 0: 'System' [type=kernel] 0 'Timer ' 1 'Announce ' client 64: 'External MIDI-0' [type=kernel] 0 'MIDI 0-0 ' Similarly, to see the output ports, use -o flag. You can remove all existing exported connections using -x option. This function is useful for terminating the ALSA drivers, because the modules with sequencer connections cannot be unloaded unless their connections are removed. OPTIONS
CONNECTION MANAGEMENT -d, --disconnect Disconnect the given subscription. -e, --exclusive Connect ports with exclusive mode. Both sender and receiver ports can be no longer connected by any other ports. -r, --real queue Convert time-stamps of event packets to the current value of the given real-time queue. This is option is, however, not so useful, since the receiver port must use (not necessarily own) the specified queue. -t, --tick queue Like -r option, but time-stamps are converted to the current value of the given tick queue. LIST PORTS -i, --input List existing input (readable) ports. This option is exclusive to -o. -o, --output List existing output (writable) ports. This option is exclusive to -i. -l, --list List the current connection status. The connected and connecting ports from/to each port are listed together. The suffix flag [ex] means the connection is exclusive. The suffix flag [real:#] and [tick:#] mean the connection includes real-time and tick conversion on the listed queue, respectively. REMOVE ALL CONNECTIONS -x, --removeall Remove all exported connections. SEE ALSO
aseqnet(1), aseqview(1) AUTHOR
Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> August 31, 2000 aconnect(1)