Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sending HTML Email
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending HTML Email Post 302840387 by Yoda on Monday 5th of August 2013 01:04:49 PM
Old 08-05-2013
Try simply echoing:
Code:
{
        echo "
        <html>
        <head><title></title> </head>
        <body>
                <p>Hello, world!</p>
                <table border="1">
                <tr>
                        <th>HASH_TOTALS</th>
                        <th>HASH_TOTALS_COMP</th>
                        <th>DIFFERENCE</th>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                        <td>${TOT_LOAN_ROW_COUNT}</td>
                        <td>${COMP_LOAN_ROW_COUNT}</td>
                        <td>${COMP_LOAN_ROW_COUNT}</td>
                </tr>
                </table>
        </body>
        </html>
        "
} | mutt -e "my_hdr Content-Type: text/html" "xyz@123456.com" -s "html test"

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail from Unix - For html output

I have automated some checks - and I want to send a email when there is an issue. This is fine and I can send the email. However - I want to generate the email in html format so I can highlight any issues to a reader.. ie. If there is a disk space issue - then the email will highlight the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail with html content

hi, I am new to unix. I need send html content as a mail from my sun-solaris2.6 work station. When I tried that the recipient gets it as html code with all the tags. any solutions? thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmchoudary
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML attachment through mail

Hi I am new to unix and scripting.I am trying to send a html file as an attachment. SUBJECT="Type of Exceptions in Application" TO=Sushovan.Samals@gmail.com SPOOLFILE=/data/reg/tlogs/Monitor.html #echo "Send the E-mail message..." uuencode $SPOOLFILE $SPOOLFILE | mailx -s "$SUBJECT" $TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushovan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML Email through mailx

Hi, I am trying to send html email using mailx like follow on sh shell (Bourne) on HP-UX: mailx -s "Test HTML output in outlook MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html" receiver@host.com < file.txt Content of file.txt are as follows: <html> <h2>An important link to look at!</h2>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manubatham20
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending html email with html attachment

Hello, I have a script which is sending an html file as an attachment. #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="user@company.com" export CONTENT="/usr/tmp/file.html" export SUBJECT="EmailSubject" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenathkg
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending a csv attachment and html text together.

Hello, I need to send below text (in a file ABC)as html text in mail body and the same as csv attachment 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 but to send as html text in mailbody we use echo "Subject: Report " | cat - ABC | /usr/lib/sendmail -t a@xyz.com and to send as an attachment in csv format we... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skhichi
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sending a HTML email from cli loses formatting.

Hi, I have a .sh file, to email a report of our backups from a linux machine. It looks like this (minus a few bits): echo "HELO $host.$domain" sleep 1 echo "mail from: vdrreport@$domain" sleep 1 echo "rcpt to:$mailto" sleep 1 echo "data" sleep 1 echo "subject: $host VDR-Report... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cognito
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sending html mail with attachment

Hi Everyone, I am facing problems in sending html mail with attachemnt. I will able to send mail with attachment (plain text ) using mailx -s and uuencode command and also html mail without attachment using sendmail option. However I am not able to send html mail along with attachment.Either... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML not coming while sending using email

echo "$1" > test.txt awk 'BEGIN{ FS="|" print "MIME-Version: 1.0" print "Content-Type: text/html" print "Content-Disposition: inline" print "<HTML>""<TABLE border="1"><TH>Heading1</TH><TH>Heading2</TH><TH>Heading3</TH>" } { printf "<TR>" for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) printf "<TD>%s</TD>", $i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
2 Replies
Email::Abstract(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Email::Abstract(3pm)

NAME
Email::Abstract - unified interface to mail representations SYNOPSIS
my $message = Mail::Message->read($rfc822) || Email::Simple->new($rfc822) || Mail::Internet->new([split / /, $rfc822]) || ... || $rfc822; my $email = Email::Abstract->new($message); my $subject = $email->get_header("Subject"); $email->set_header(Subject => "My new subject"); my $body = $email->get_body; $rfc822 = $email->as_string; my $mail_message = $email->cast("Mail::Message"); DESCRIPTION
"Email::Abstract" provides module writers with the ability to write simple, representation-independent mail handling code. For instance, in the cases of "Mail::Thread" or "Mail::ListDetector", a key part of the code involves reading the headers from a mail object. Where previously one would either have to specify the mail class required, or to build a new object from scratch, "Email::Abstract" can be used to perform certain simple operations on an object regardless of its underlying representation. "Email::Abstract" currently supports "Mail::Internet", "MIME::Entity", "Mail::Message", "Email::Simple" and "Email::MIME". Other representations are encouraged to create their own "Email::Abstract::*" class by copying "Email::Abstract::EmailSimple". All modules installed under the "Email::Abstract" hierarchy will be automatically picked up and used. METHODS
All of these methods may be called either as object methods or as class methods. When called as class methods, the email object (of any class supported by Email::Abstract) must be prepended to the list of arguments, like so: my $return = Email::Abstract->method($message, @args); This is provided primarily for backwards compatibility. new my $email = Email::Abstract->new($message); Given a message, either as a string or as an object for which an adapter is installed, this method will return a Email::Abstract object wrapping the message. If the message is given as a string, it will be used to construct an object, which will then be wrapped. get_header my $header = $email->get_header($header_name); my @headers = $email->get_header($header_name); This returns the values for the given header. In scalar context, it returns the first value. set_header $email->set_header($header => @values); This sets the $header header to the given one or more values. get_body my $body = $email->get_body; This returns the body as a string. set_body $email->set_body($string); This changes the body of the email to the given string. WARNING! You probably don't want to call this method, despite what you may think. Email message bodies are complicated, and rely on things like content type, encoding, and various MIME requirements. If you call "set_body" on a message more complicated than a single-part seven-bit plain-text message, you are likely to break something. If you need to do this sort of thing, you should probably use a specific message class from end to end. This method is left in place for backwards compatibility. as_string my $string = $email->as_string; This returns the whole email as a decoded string. cast my $mime_entity = $email->cast('MIME::Entity'); This method will convert a message from one message class to another. It will throw an exception if no adapter for the target class is known, or if the adapter does not provide a "construct" method. object my $message = $email->object; This method returns the message object wrapped by Email::Abstract. If called as a class method, it returns false. Note that, because strings are converted to message objects before wrapping, this method will return an object when the Email::Abstract was constructed from a string. PERL EMAIL PROJECT
This module is maintained by the Perl Email Project <http://emailproject.perl.org/wiki/Email::Abstract> AUTHOR
Casey West, <casey@geeknest.com> Simon Cozens, <simon@cpan.org> Ricardo SIGNES, <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004 by Simon Cozens This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-18 Email::Abstract(3pm)