Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Joing Linux systems to AD and move to OU Post 302840155 by Just Ice on Sunday 4th of August 2013 04:34:21 PM
Old 08-04-2013
look at the discussion of "-W" option in man -S 8 net
This User Gave Thanks to Just Ice For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup Linux file systems

Hi, I need to backup files on our Solaris machines onto a windows machine. I have Samba installed. Is it possible to backup these files on Solaris/Linux machines onto a Windows machine. Thanks Aravind (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aravind_mg
1 Replies

2. Linux

Linux Systems Administrators

Please please tell me why/how you do it!!! I couldn't! Does anyone in here do it? If so... wwwwhhhhyyyyy? :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonyChapman
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different Linux Systems

I am new to the Unix/Linux environment, can someone give me a idea of what the differences is between all of the Linux systems. Example, Redhat, Suse etc.. Thanks MF (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MFARMER
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Path to Linux / Unix Systems Administrator

Hello! I have seen similar questions asked about how to become a system administrator. Most would say experience is more important than just getting a certificate and even a degree. However, I haven't found a good information how to build experience from a newbie to entry-level systems... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sideburn
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move files between file systems with privileges, time stamp

Hi I have to move files between file systems but files in new file system must have the same attributes as in old one (privileges, time stamp etc). Which tool is best : - ufsdump / ufsrestore - tar - cpio - pax - dd - mv Or maybe there is sth else, you suggest to use. Thx for help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
5 Replies
NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					     NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)

NAME
network_namespaces - overview of Linux network namespaces DESCRIPTION
Network namespaces provide isolation of the system resources associated with networking: network devices, IPv4 and IPv6 protocol stacks, IP routing tables, firewall rules, the /proc/net directory (which is a symbolic link to /proc/PID/net), the /sys/class/net directory, various files under /proc/sys/net, port numbers (sockets), and so on. A physical network device can live in exactly one network namespace. When a network namespace is freed (i.e., when the last process in the namespace terminates), its physical network devices are moved back to the initial network namespace (not to the parent of the process). A virtual network (veth(4)) device pair provides a pipe-like abstraction that can be used to create tunnels between network namespaces, and can be used to create a bridge to a physical network device in another namespace. When a namespace is freed, the veth(4) devices that it contains are destroyed. Use of network namespaces requires a kernel that is configured with the CONFIG_NET_NS option. SEE ALSO
nsenter(1), unshare(1), clone(2), veth(4), proc(5), sysfs(5), namespaces(7), user_namespaces(7), brctl(8), ip(8), ip-address(8), ip- link(8), ip-netns(8), iptables(8), ovs-vsctl(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2018-02-02 NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)