Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bind dns server zone file
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Bind dns server zone file Post 302839713 by DGPickett on Friday 2nd of August 2013 11:44:44 AM
Old 08-02-2013
I would guess most of us are doing IN ! It might be more necessary for dotted names in left. I suppose you could say it every time just to be safe and more consistent. Try it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

bind zone transfer?

Hi all, How to deny any zone transfer out of my host??? bind 8.2.3 Thank you all, Regards :D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Bind zone transfer recategorises zone file?

Hi, I have a primary/slave Bind 9 setup running on a Solaris 10 platform. Everything is hunky dorey, except for when I make a zone file change and up the serial the file that is transferred to the slave looses all its comments, and the entries are place in alphabetical order. I administer many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fulhamfcboy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS Bind

Hello, I have a question about dns file zone. Every zone file begins like: @ 86400 IN SOA ns1.website.com. admin@website.com. ( It means that name server ns1 is responsible for this zone. At the ending I can add the records like mysite.com IN A 1.2.3.4 So it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Freebsd Bind DNS server - multiple subnets

Hello all, I have configured Freebsd 8.1 Bind DNS as DNS server for intrenal domain and clients on one subnet 192.168.10.0/24 . What do I have to change in zone file and in in-addr.arpa zone file if I have two additional subsets 192.168.20.0/24 and 192.168.30.0/24? Do I have to create another... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kreno
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

DNS does all slave Name Server must be in the zone Resource Record file?

Hy guys, I've a problem configuring my Name Server (using bind 9) which is I'ts always necessary to put all slave Name Server for a zone in the zone resource record file or db (as you prefer)? I've this scenario: A - my domain which is son of some TLD and I delegated into two new domains B... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
1 Replies

7. Solaris

BIND DNS Server issue on Solaris 10

Hi all, I have some sort of problem with BIND DNS server my environment as follows. bash-3.00# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 6/06 s10s_u2wos_09a SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Host file to DNS zone creation

We are currently using the famous script H2N to create our DNS zone files from a host file. However, we are moving to IPV6 soon and this script doesnt support IPV6. Is there another script/solution to creating DNS zones via a host file input? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Host file to dns zone creation solution?

We are currently using the famous script H2N to create our DNS zone files from a host file. However, we are moving to IPV6 soon and this script doesnt support IPV6. Is there another script/solution to creating DNS zones via a host file input? Is there another solution or way to do things that I may... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
0 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1)                                                    User Commands                                                   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)