Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Secure Laptop composition with UNIX/Linux and Windows 7 Post 302839693 by edgkkk on Friday 2nd of August 2013 10:41:21 AM
Old 08-02-2013
Secure Laptop composition with UNIX/Linux and Windows 7

Hello

I have a problem: want to build secure laptop for simple user ( that's me Smilie ) with the VPN and virtualization.
Laptop would be for work at home and travel , so security for wirelles networks and comfort using Mobile 3G internet with dongle (not to have problem with drivers) is also important.

I have always worked on MS Windows environment and the main programs which is used :
MS Office
Adobe acrobat and other programs to work with PDF
Simple programs to work with pictures ( such as MS Paint )

Skype and Email
Browser ( Chrome or Commodo Dragon)

UTorrent and Strong DC ( for soft , movies and etc. - basically entertainment porpoises)

What should be the best composition of the OS systems ? Wich Linux/Unix distribution ? (I think it is safer to use it as base and windows as virtual)

Which VPN provider would you recommend?

Is there any other software or hardware , such as external box ( VPN/Firewall + ? ) that could you recommend ?

Or just describe your composition for a safe laptop designed for simple user (not programmer)

Thank you for you time and answers

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix more secure than windows

Hi, I need to know why is Unix considered as more secure as compared to Windows. Following points are known but the reason is not known: i. File access permissions can be provided user wise in unix. .....but if i share my file in windows, then on that also access permissions can be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
10 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix/linux on HP(INTEL INSIDE) LAPTOP.

Please inform me on how to install unix/Linus on hp(Intel inside) lap top computer, with windows xp inside. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: princektwo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer files from linux server to windows using secure ftp (sftp)

HI, I have to transfer files from linux server to windows using secure ftp (sftp) .Kindly help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manushi88
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

After installing redhat, my laptop boot straight to Windows 7

Hi all, Good day. I just installed RHEL6.3 into my laptop to learn RH. There is an existing Windows 7 in there. After installing the RHEL, the laptop will just boot to Windows 7. I tried to use this BCDedit to add Linux entry to the boot menu, BUT each time i pick the redhat selection,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issues with passwordless sftp2 from windows to Linux using F-Secure SSH Client

Hi, I am facing problems whie trying to do a passwordless ssh to Unix box from windows. Public key was generated using F-secure. When the F-secure client attempts it connects without password but when I try to use sftp2 in command line it prompts for password. I have tried several options and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhrajj
0 Replies

7. Linux

Issues with passwordless sftp2 from windows to Linux using F-Secure SSH Client

Hi, I am facing problems whie trying to do a passwordless ssh to Unix box from windows. Public key was generated using F-secure. When the F-secure client attempts it connects without password but when I try to use sftp2 in command line it prompts for password. I have tried several options and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhrajj
3 Replies

8. Programming

Secure FTP from Windows to UNIX

Looking for a way to secure ftp files from Windows to Unix through batch script. This may not be related to Unix/Linux environment, but hoping some solution. Our desktop (Win 7) does not have sftp installed in our machine (DOS-Command Window). We have SSH tools like Winscp, PSFTP (PuTTY),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Multiboot on a laptop: windows Solaris Linux

Hi Just want to share.... Multiboot: winlinsos; June 2016 Lenovo x230, 4GB - No internal DVD driver I have # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 120.0 GB, 120034123776 bytes, 234441648 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: van12
0 Replies
asadmin-delete-connector-security-map(1)			   User Commands			  asadmin-delete-connector-security-map(1)

NAME
asadmin-delete-connector-security-map, delete-connector-security-map - deletesthe named security map for the given connector connection pool SYNOPSIS
delete-connector-security-map --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] --poolname connector_connection_pool_name mapname Deletes the named security map for the given connector connection pool. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --poolname connector connection pool name for which the security map that is to be deleted belongs to. OPERANDS
mapname name of the security map to be deleted. Example 1: Using delete-connector-security-map asadmin> delete-connector-security-map --user admin --password adminadmin --poolname connector-pool1 securityMap1 Command delete-connector-security-map executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin- create-connector-security-map(1AS), asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1AS), asadmin-update-connector-security-map(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-connector-security-map(1)