Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FoxPro 2.6 and updating UW
Operating Systems SCO FoxPro 2.6 and updating UW Post 302839675 by jgt on Friday 2nd of August 2013 08:51:00 AM
Old 08-02-2013
How did you install foxpro on the new server? were you able to install if from the original media, or did you copy it from the old system?
I can tell you that this anomaly does not occur with SCO Openserver 6.0.0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO know whether file is updating or not

Hi All, I am new to scripting. my requirement is , I want to know whether the file(i.e., log file) is updating or not. It should search for every 15 min. If it is not updating means it needs to send out a automatic mail. can you please help me in this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj333
2 Replies

2. SCO

foxpro & sco 6.0

My problem is the following: I have installed Foxpro 2.6 for Unix, in HPCOMPAQ ML350 G5 with SCO 6.0, and when the application is executed in FoxPro, the following message appears: "file is in use" , but there is nobody else working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Medardo Arcaya
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

4. SCO

Help to install foxpro 2.5 on openserver 6.0.0.

Can anyone help me to install foxpro 2.5 for unix openserver 6.0.0. I recently updtae my server from 5.0.7 to 6.0.0. to get an usb tape working, but can't install or run foxpro 2.5, all the programs run on it, need help. thanks or if anyone had a version tested of foxpro on openserver 6.0.0.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jactroo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating with SQLPLUS

I am using the following code to update a table of mine. The problem is that the long string created to tempfile5 gives me the SP2-0027 error in Oracle. Is there any way to break up my string and still preserve the integrity? echo `awk -F "|" '{x=x","$1} END{print substr(x,2)}' $tempfile2` >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k1ko
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Inside my csh script, I have the following command: source ${HOME}/.login When I execute my csh script, why do I get the following error message: /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/export: Permission denied This is what I have inside my .login #!/bin/bash export... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: casau
9 Replies

7. AIX

Updating AIX OS

Hello I have a server whose os level reads 5300-01-00-0000. It has to be upgraded to the latest level which is 5300-12-04-1119. What would I need to do go get the server to this point? Would I need to go through each patch level until I get it to current? If so, would anyone happen to know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stayfuzzy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for updating the folder

Hello Expert, is there any command through which i can update/replace the folder after every two months. lets say i have folder /usr/local/x_folder created on 01/01/2011 I need to update it on 31/03/2011 Please help me to get the logic :confused: Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating variable

Hi, I have been attempting to install source code from xcrysden with little to no luck. I have attempted to follow the instructions given on the site but made the mistake on the code I downloaded. This was pointed out to my by the developer and I have since downloaded the proper code. However... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zbay
4 Replies

10. Ubuntu

16.04 not updating

Just installed the latest version on my hp stream, was tired of windows. Of the few times I've used Linux, this is the first time it won't update. Im connected to the net the updater recognizes that the OS needs 21 updates. But it won't download/install the updates. It also won't load the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DabblingMadman
1 Replies
Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI - Deploying Catalyst with FastCGI FastCGI Deployment FastCGI is a high-performance extension to CGI. It is suitable for production environments, and is the standard method for deploying Catalyst in shared hosting environments. Pros Speed FastCGI performs equally as well as mod_perl. Don't let the 'CGI' fool you; your app runs as multiple persistent processes ready to receive connections from the web server. App Server When using external FastCGI servers, your application runs as a standalone application server. It may be restarted independently from the web server. This allows for a more robust environment and faster reload times when pushing new app changes. The frontend server can even be configured to display a friendly "down for maintenance" page while the application is restarting. Load-balancing You can launch your application on multiple backend servers and allow the frontend web server to perform load-balancing among all of them. And of course, if one goes down, your app continues to run. Multiple versions of the same app Each FastCGI application is a separate process, so you can run different versions of the same app on a single server. Can run with threaded Apache Since your app is not running inside of Apache, the faster mpm_worker module can be used without worrying about the thread safety of your application. Widely supported. FastCGI is compatible with many server implementations, not just Apache. Cons You may have to disable mod_deflate. If you experience page hangs with mod_fastcgi then remove deflate.load and deflate.conf from mods-enabled/ More complex environment With FastCGI, there are more things to monitor and more processes running than when using mod_perl. Standalone FastCGI Server In server mode the application runs as a standalone server and accepts connections from a web server. The application can be on the same machine as the web server, on a remote machine, or even on multiple remote machines. Advantages of this method include running the Catalyst application as a different user than the web server, and the ability to set up a scalable server farm. To start your application in server mode, install the FCGI::ProcManager module and then use the included fastcgi.pl script. $ script/myapp_fastcgi.pl -l /tmp/myapp.socket -n 5 Command line options for fastcgi.pl include: -d -daemon Daemonize the server. -p -pidfile Write a pidfile with the pid of the process manager. -l -listen Listen on a socket path, hostname:port, or :port. -n -nproc The number of processes started to handle requests. See below for the specific web server configurations for using the external server. WEB SERVERS
Any web server which supports FastCGI should work with Catalyst. Configuration recipies for well-known web servers are linked below, and we would welcome contributions from people deploying Catalyst on other web servers. Apache Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::Apache::FastCGI nginx Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::nginx::FastCGI lighttpd Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::lighttpd::FastCGI Microsoft IIS Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::IIS::FastCGI AUTHORS
Catalyst Contributors, see Catalyst.pm COPYRIGHT
This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-20 Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI(3pm)