Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Are you allowed to use the same vswitch for 2 separate HPVMs? Post 302839629 by Peasant on Friday 2nd of August 2013 06:13:28 AM
Old 08-02-2013
You can use same vswitch for multiple virtual machines.
So, one physical interface (or multiple aggregated interfaces in one) -> one vswitch -> multiple VM's.

I suspect that the network is not configured properly on VM that is not working.
Check route table netstat -rn, and if also check if DNS is working properly (resolv.conf, nsswitch.conf)

Also for network presistence configure the /etc/rc.config.d/netconf with address and gateway on the VM in question or use sam / smh for the same.

Hope that helps, if not, i can offer some additional support when i come back from vacation Smilie in about 10 days.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ldap dn chars allowed

Hi Is it possible to add the following to an ldif entry: dn=estmmartín i.e Note the charchter 'í' Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom123
3 Replies

2. Web Development

access to my server is always allowed

Hi, I can't deny the access to my server. if I visit http://localhost I can always see all the files. Why ? <Directory /> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None Order allow,deny Deny from All </Directory> <Directory "/Users/aneuryzma/Sites"> (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Vswitch in Ldoms on VLAN tagged interface

I 've a T5220 running solaris 10u6 with Ldoms 1.1. following is o/p of my dladm e1000g0 type: non-vlan mtu: 1500 device: e1000g0 e1000g1 type: non-vlan mtu: 1500 device: e1000g1 e1000g531001 type: vlan 531 mtu: 1500 device: e1000g1 e1000g2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

4. AIX

rlogin always allowed ?

Hello, Could someone explain why rlogin is allways allowed in my AIX 6.1 boxes, whatever user I use ? According to documentation it should work only when .rhosts (or hosts.equiv) is properly set. But even these files do not exist - access is allowed. If I use rsh(with specified command) it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check if I'm allowed to ssh several hosts.

Hi guys! I'm working on a little script. I have a txtfile with several hosts, Unix team has copied my keys into several of those servers, but not all of them, I need to figure out which ones I don't have access to, (I want a list of servers I don't have access to, so I can request for it). This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

space not allowed in input

I have this script. (options is an array) It works fine. It responds fine to all items that are stored in the array. But when I press spacebar when I am asked for input. It will not give an error only run the function again. While I put : || ] in the script to capture the space. What am I missing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex400
6 Replies

7. Programming

Why is subclassing not allowed for many of the SWT Controls?

hi guys, Why is subclassing not allowed for many of the SWT Controls? But Eclipse itself creates our Shell classes in this way (inheriting from Shell) and then overriding checkSubclass() with empty body. So is it good(safe) that we do this way? I have two shells (Shell_1, Shell_2). Shell_1 is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Hpvmmodify: ERROR (host): The vswitch 'vmsw4' does not exist.

Hello Experts, I want to modify the CPU of my VM but when i am going to modify it , it showing the below error : hpvmmodify: ERROR (host): The vswitch 'vmsw4' does not exist. HPVM guest testhost configuration problems: Warning 1 on item vmsw4: Vswitch 'vmsw4' does not exist. These... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
0 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Not allowed to post URLs

Hi, I tried to post some perl code for discussion (wrapped in swaddling . However, a regex has an escaped backslash so the forum parser sees it as an URL? Had the same experience with the sample data that I tried to provide for the same discussion. It contains emails addresses,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msutfin
1 Replies

10. AIX

VSwitch not showing up on VIO Server

Want to run this by you all before opening a PMR with IBM Support. It's been a few weeks since I have done this so I can't be 100% sure of how I think it worked in the previous version. We upgraded our HMC's yesterday to 7.7.9 SP2 in hopes of fixing some issues we were having. Today I needed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
4 Replies
veth(4) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   veth(4)

NAME
veth - Virtual Ethernet Device DESCRIPTION
The veth devices are virtual Ethernet devices. They can act as tunnels between network namespaces to create a bridge to a physical network device in another namespace, but can also be used as standalone network devices. veth devices are always created in interconnected pairs. A pair can be created using the command: # ip link add <p1-name> type veth peer name <p2-name> In the above, p1-name and p2-name are the names assigned to the two connected end points. Packets transmitted on one device in the pair are immediately received on the other device. When either devices is down the link state of the pair is down. veth device pairs are useful for combining the network facilities of the kernel together in interesting ways. A particularly interesting use case is to place one end of a veth pair in one network namespace and the other end in another network namespace, thus allowing communi- cation between network namespaces. To do this, one first creates the veth device as above and then moves one side of the pair to the other namespace: # ip link set <p2-name> netns <p2-namespace> ethtool(8) can be used to find the peer of a veth network interface, using commands something like: # ip link add ve_A type veth peer name ve_B # Create veth pair # ethtool -S ve_A # Discover interface index of peer NIC statistics: peer_ifindex: 16 # ip link | grep '^16:' # Look up interface 16: ve_B@ve_A: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,M-DOWN> mtu 1500 qdisc ... SEE ALSO
clone(2), network_namespaces(7), ip(8), ip-link(8), ip-netns(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2018-02-02 veth(4)