Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Feed Input to a script running on bash Post 302839535 by gaurav kumar on Friday 2nd of August 2013 12:52:55 AM
Old 08-02-2013
RedHat Feed Input to a script running on bash

Hi Sir,

I am just learning bash scripting and I came across a challenge.

I need to input F11 to a script among many text inputs.

For all the text inputs i did following.

# sh test.sh < input.txt

where input.txt contains all the text inputs in new lines.

This worked fine until i came across a input which is F11 or Escape.

Please guide me how to handle this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running in bash 3.0 not in 3.2

I have wasted one working day writing this scripts. It compares two folders and make a good tabbed report about their differences. #!/bin/bash function DRAW_DEPTH () { ROUND=$1 while do printf %s " " ROUND=`expr $ROUND - 1` done printf %s "|- " } function MAIN () {... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change in Input feed based on condition file

Sorry Guys for not being able to explain in one of my earlier post. I am now putting my requirement with the input file and desired output file. In the below input file - Transaction code is at position 31:40. Business code is from position 318:321 TSCM00000005837 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file to bash script

Hi, I have this script Script.sh: #!/bin/sh sed 's,\,,g' input.dat > output .dat But i want to run it witb different files. So i want the input file as an input argument to the script, how could i do that. Running it like this: > Script.sh input.dat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script running by sh but not by bash

execute the attached script as, bash -x INFA_MAP_GEN_XML.sh "/export/home/e120945/INFORMATICA_MAPPING_GENERATOR/SOURCE" "INFA_TEMPLATE.csv" "/export/home/e120945/INFORMATICA_MAPPING_GENERATOR/TARGET" "UNIX" "/export/home/e120945/INFORMATICA_MAPPING_GENERATOR/SETUP"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 120945
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script for parse input like option and value

I would create a bash script than parse like this: test.sh -p (protocol) -i (address) -d (directory) I need retrive the value after -p for example... understand??? I hope... thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ionral
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Question: HowTo Exit Script with User Input While Process is Running Mid-Loop?

Hi, I have written a script that allows me to repetitively play a music file $N times, which is specified through user input. However, if I want to exit the script before it has finished looping $N times, if I use CTRL+c, I have to CTRL+c however many times are left in order to complete the loop.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilltop_yodeler
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to select the rows from the feed file based on the input value provided

Hi Folks, I have the below feed file named abc1.txt in which you can see there is a title and below is the respective values in the rows and it is completely pipe delimited file ,. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop with input in a bash script

I have the following while loop that I put in a script, demo.sh: while read rna; do aawork=$(echo "${rna}" | sed -n -e 's/\(...\)\1 /gp' | sed -f rna.sed) echo "$aawork" | sed 's/ //g' echo "$aawork" | tr ' ' '\012' | sort | sed '/^$/d' | uniq -c | sed 's/*\(*\) \(.*\)/\2: \... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in input file's in bash script

hello guys i have bash script to open my routers with username and password i made script but i have problem this script can/t read password from file #!/bin/bash router_file="ips" passwd="password.txt" for router in cat ;$router_file do for pass in cat ;$passwd; do res=$(curl -m 1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manhoud
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input redirection within bash script

Hi, when I try to redirect input and the command is described as a string within an array redirection does not work. why? #!/bin/bash dir=("tail < ./hello.txt") tail < ./hello.txt #works ${dir} #does not work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heinzel
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)