Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FoxPro 2.6 and updating UW
Operating Systems SCO FoxPro 2.6 and updating UW Post 302839513 by jgt on Thursday 1st of August 2013 09:01:38 PM
Old 08-01-2013
It appears as if your databases are read only. The permissions should be 0666. Foxpro is pretty much a straight re-compilation of the DOS version, and does not understand the nuances of Unix permissions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO know whether file is updating or not

Hi All, I am new to scripting. my requirement is , I want to know whether the file(i.e., log file) is updating or not. It should search for every 15 min. If it is not updating means it needs to send out a automatic mail. can you please help me in this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj333
2 Replies

2. SCO

foxpro & sco 6.0

My problem is the following: I have installed Foxpro 2.6 for Unix, in HPCOMPAQ ML350 G5 with SCO 6.0, and when the application is executed in FoxPro, the following message appears: "file is in use" , but there is nobody else working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Medardo Arcaya
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

4. SCO

Help to install foxpro 2.5 on openserver 6.0.0.

Can anyone help me to install foxpro 2.5 for unix openserver 6.0.0. I recently updtae my server from 5.0.7 to 6.0.0. to get an usb tape working, but can't install or run foxpro 2.5, all the programs run on it, need help. thanks or if anyone had a version tested of foxpro on openserver 6.0.0.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jactroo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating with SQLPLUS

I am using the following code to update a table of mine. The problem is that the long string created to tempfile5 gives me the SP2-0027 error in Oracle. Is there any way to break up my string and still preserve the integrity? echo `awk -F "|" '{x=x","$1} END{print substr(x,2)}' $tempfile2` >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k1ko
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Inside my csh script, I have the following command: source ${HOME}/.login When I execute my csh script, why do I get the following error message: /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/export: Permission denied This is what I have inside my .login #!/bin/bash export... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: casau
9 Replies

7. AIX

Updating AIX OS

Hello I have a server whose os level reads 5300-01-00-0000. It has to be upgraded to the latest level which is 5300-12-04-1119. What would I need to do go get the server to this point? Would I need to go through each patch level until I get it to current? If so, would anyone happen to know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stayfuzzy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for updating the folder

Hello Expert, is there any command through which i can update/replace the folder after every two months. lets say i have folder /usr/local/x_folder created on 01/01/2011 I need to update it on 31/03/2011 Please help me to get the logic :confused: Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating variable

Hi, I have been attempting to install source code from xcrysden with little to no luck. I have attempted to follow the instructions given on the site but made the mistake on the code I downloaded. This was pointed out to my by the developer and I have since downloaded the proper code. However... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zbay
4 Replies

10. Ubuntu

16.04 not updating

Just installed the latest version on my hp stream, was tired of windows. Of the few times I've used Linux, this is the first time it won't update. Im connected to the net the updater recognizes that the OS needs 21 updates. But it won't download/install the updates. It also won't load the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DabblingMadman
1 Replies
PS2EPSI(1)							 Ghostscript Tools							PS2EPSI(1)

NAME
ps2epsi - generate conforming Encapsulated PostScript SYNOPSIS
ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epsi ] (Unix) ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epi ] (DOS) DESCRIPTION
ps2epsi uses gs(1) to process a PostScript(tm) file and generate as output a new file which conforms to Adobe's Encapsulated PostScript Interchange (EPSI) format. EPSI is a special form of encapsulated PostScript (EPS) which adds to the beginning of the file in the form of PostScript comments a bitmapped version of the final displayed page. Programs which understand EPSI (usually word processors or DTP pro- grams) can use this bitmap to give a preview version on screen of the PostScript. The displayed quality is often not very good (e.g., low resolution, no colours), but the final printed version uses the real PostScript, and thus has the normal PostScript quality. USAGE
On Unix systems invoke ps2epsi like this: ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epsi ] where "infile.ps" is the input file and "outfile.epsi" is the resulting EPSI file. If the output filename is omitted, it is generated from the input filename. When a standard extension (".ps", ".cps", ".eps" or ".epsf") is used, it is replaced with the output extension ".epsi". On DOS systems the command is: ps2epsi infile.ps outfile.epi where "infile.ps" is the original PostScript file, and "outfile.epi" is the name of the output file. LIMITATIONS
Not every PostScript file can be encapsulated successfully, because there are restrictions on what PostScript constructs a correct encapsu- lated file may contain. ps2epsi does a little extra work to try to help encapsulation, and it automatically calculates the bounding box required for all encapsulated PostScript files, so most of the time it does a pretty good job. There are certain to be cases, however, where the encapsulation does not work because of the content of the original PostScript file. COMPATIBILITY
The Framemaker DTP system is one application which understands EPSI files, and ps2epsi has been tested on a number of PostScript diagrams from a variety of sources, using Framemaker 3.0 on a Sun workstation. Framemaker on other platforms should be able to use these files, although I have not been able to test this. FILES
ps2epsi Unix shell script ps2epsi.bat DOS batch file ps2epsi.ps the Ghostscript program which does the work SEE ALSO
gs (1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 9.07. However, the content may be obsolete, or inconsistent with ps2epsi.txt. AUTHOR
George Cameron 9.07 12 February 2013 PS2EPSI(1)