Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables issue
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu iptables issue Post 302839461 by in2nix4life on Thursday 1st of August 2013 04:07:56 PM
Old 08-01-2013
You can use a hostname for the -s switch as well as an IP Address.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ps issue

HI All, Suddenly don't know what happened to redhat linux 7.2 any program start then itsn't listing while using ps -ef ex: ./xyz this xyz program pid not showing in ps-ef Pls let me know what is the reason for the same. Thanks a lot in advance Bache (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Arithmatic operation issue , datatype issue

Hi, I have a shell scripting. This will take 7 digit number in each line and add 7 digit number with next subsequent lines ( normal addition ). Eg: 0000001 0000220 0001235 0000022 0000023 ........... ......... ........ Like this i am having around 1500000 records. After adding... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
23 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISSUE and ISSUE.NET files

In LINUX(CentOS, RedHat) is there a way to have the banner statement appear before the logon instead of after the logon? In UNIX and Windows the banner appears before a person actually logs on, what I'm seeing in LINUX is that it appears after the login(ftp, telnet, SSH). Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejjones
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

CP Issue

I want to copy large amount of files aproximately more than 20,000 files from one file system to another file system, but it gives me error like: #cd /opt/appserver/images #cp * /opt/appserver02/public/images Argument list is too long Also above mention error appear again when i run: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: telnor
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with a file issue and a terminal issue

Hello everyone, I'm in need of some assistance. I'm currently enrolled in an introductory UNIX shell programming course and, well halfway through the semester, we are receiving our first actual assignment. I've somewhat realized now that I've fallen behind, and I'm working to get caught up, but for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrMagoo22
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

7. Linux

iptables issue

Hi all, I'm trying to set up a virtual machine to act as a Windows host firewall. The basic idea is that the guest OS is configured on a sub with a router and the host is configured on another sub with the guest. I found this ancient iptables script and I did some minor mods to fit my network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskivanov
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What could be the issue ?

Hi, when i am trying below script assume that below values are taken in code #!/bin/ksh if then echo usage: aNlist.sh QMGR NAME MQREQ fi NL=`echo 'dis qmgr'|runmqsc $1|grep REPOSNL|sed 's/.*REPOSNL\(.*\).*/\1/' |cut -d'(' -f2|cut -d')' -f1` echo 'define nl('$NL_$2')... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
25 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with wc -c and wc -m

Hi All, I have a small queries to get the character count i tried with wc -c and wc -m but its not returend current result For eg: wc -c wc -m echo "Name" | wc -c result: 5 but actually it should returned 4 Help me on this to ge the correct one. Thanks! ----------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva.pitchai
4 Replies
fence_brocade(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  fence_brocade(8)

NAME
fence_brocade - I/O Fencing agent for Brocade FC switches SYNOPSIS
fence_brocade [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
fence_brocade is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with Brocade FC switches. It logs into a Brocade switch via telnet and disables a specified port. Disabling the port which a machine is connected to effectively fences that machine. Lengthy telnet connections to the switch should be avoided while a GFS cluster is running because the connection will block any necessary fencing actions. fence_brocade accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_brocade can be run by itself with command line options which is useful for testing. After a fence operation has taken place the fenced machine can no longer connect to the Brocade FC switch. When the fenced machine is ready to be brought back into the GFS cluster (after reboot) the port on the Brocade FC switch needs to be enabled. This can be done by running fence_brocade and specifying the enable action. Vendor URL: http://www.brocade.com OPTIONS
-a IPaddress IP address of the switch. -h Print out a help message describing available options, then exit. -l login Login name for the switch. -n port The port number to disable on the switch. -o action The action required. disable (default) or enable. -p password Password for login. -S path Full path to an executable to generate the password for login. -q Quiet mode: print only error messages. -V Print out a version message, then exit. STDIN PARAMETERS
agent = < param > This option is used by fence_node(8) and is ignored by fence_brocade. ipaddr = < hostname | ip > IP address or hostname of the switch. login = < param > Login name. option = < param > The action required. disable (default) or enable. passwd = < param > Password for login. passwd_script = < param > Full path to an executable to generate the password for login. port = < param > The port number to disable on the switch. SEE ALSO
fence(8), fence_node(8) fence_brocade(8)