Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables issue
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu iptables issue Post 302839421 by in2nix4life on Thursday 1st of August 2013 01:17:19 PM
Old 08-01-2013
You could set the default policy for the INPUT chain to DROP:

Code:
iptables -P INPUT DROP

For ssh access (using a port other than 22) from a remote host, I usually use this rule:

Code:
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 2222 --sport 1024:65535 -s <ip address of your remote machine> -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j ACCEPT

Hope this helps.
This User Gave Thanks to in2nix4life For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ps issue

HI All, Suddenly don't know what happened to redhat linux 7.2 any program start then itsn't listing while using ps -ef ex: ./xyz this xyz program pid not showing in ps-ef Pls let me know what is the reason for the same. Thanks a lot in advance Bache (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Arithmatic operation issue , datatype issue

Hi, I have a shell scripting. This will take 7 digit number in each line and add 7 digit number with next subsequent lines ( normal addition ). Eg: 0000001 0000220 0001235 0000022 0000023 ........... ......... ........ Like this i am having around 1500000 records. After adding... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
23 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISSUE and ISSUE.NET files

In LINUX(CentOS, RedHat) is there a way to have the banner statement appear before the logon instead of after the logon? In UNIX and Windows the banner appears before a person actually logs on, what I'm seeing in LINUX is that it appears after the login(ftp, telnet, SSH). Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejjones
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

CP Issue

I want to copy large amount of files aproximately more than 20,000 files from one file system to another file system, but it gives me error like: #cd /opt/appserver/images #cp * /opt/appserver02/public/images Argument list is too long Also above mention error appear again when i run: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: telnor
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with a file issue and a terminal issue

Hello everyone, I'm in need of some assistance. I'm currently enrolled in an introductory UNIX shell programming course and, well halfway through the semester, we are receiving our first actual assignment. I've somewhat realized now that I've fallen behind, and I'm working to get caught up, but for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrMagoo22
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

7. Linux

iptables issue

Hi all, I'm trying to set up a virtual machine to act as a Windows host firewall. The basic idea is that the guest OS is configured on a sub with a router and the host is configured on another sub with the guest. I found this ancient iptables script and I did some minor mods to fit my network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskivanov
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What could be the issue ?

Hi, when i am trying below script assume that below values are taken in code #!/bin/ksh if then echo usage: aNlist.sh QMGR NAME MQREQ fi NL=`echo 'dis qmgr'|runmqsc $1|grep REPOSNL|sed 's/.*REPOSNL\(.*\).*/\1/' |cut -d'(' -f2|cut -d')' -f1` echo 'define nl('$NL_$2')... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
25 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with wc -c and wc -m

Hi All, I have a small queries to get the character count i tried with wc -c and wc -m but its not returend current result For eg: wc -c wc -m echo "Name" | wc -c result: 5 but actually it should returned 4 Help me on this to ge the correct one. Thanks! ----------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva.pitchai
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)