Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Explaination on Behavior of awk command Post 302839329 by chandana hs on Thursday 1st of August 2013 05:11:53 AM
Old 08-01-2013
Explaination on Behavior of awk command

Hello Admin,
Could you pls explain on the below behavior of the awk command.

Code:
$ awk -F">20" "/Cyclomatic complexity/ && /;add;/{print \$1}" inspect_64d_369980 | awk '{print $NF}' | sort | tail -1

Code:
$var=`awk -F">20" "/Cyclomatic complexity/ && /;add;/{print \$1}" inspect_64d_369980 | awk '{print $NF}' | sort | tail -1`;echo $var
65>20;;Existing;;Analyze;21190;htgoto:project=F_64_d,pid=21190

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Using Bold font isn't helping here. Please use CODE tags to show sample code, input, and output.

Regards,
Chandana

Last edited by Don Cragun; 08-01-2013 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

I would like to know the explaination.

Hi, I'm new to LINUX Scripting, I would like to know the full explaination of the below scripts. thank you. 1st script #! /bin/sh . /opt/home/hssadmin/cindy/formatxml.env `testrecord.scp` `testEXGU.scp` 2nd Script #! /bin/sh . /opt/home/hssadmin/cindy/formatxml.env cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AudreyEliza
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for awk code explaination

{ # print NF,NR,$0; if ( ($(NF-1) != 0) && ($NF != 0) ) {if ($(NF-1) > $NF) {percent=$(NF-1)/$NF-1;} else {percent=$NF/$(NF-1)-1;} } printf "%8.4f\%\n",percent*100; if (percent > 0.05||percent < -0.05 ){exit 1;} }' Use code tags please, ty. Also try to use a more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bosmat shani
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print behavior weird

Hi Experts I am facing a weird issue while using print statement in awk. I have a text file with 3 fields shown below: # cat f1 234,abc,1000 235,efg,2000 236,jih,3000 # When I print the third column alone, I dont face any issue as shown below: # awk '{print $3 }' FS=, f1 1000 2000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

BASH command not found strang behavior

Hi all I am relatively new to linux (specifically red hat). I have installed Fedora 13 on my machine and started playing with the terminal when i found a very strange behavior when typing a command that is not found: the terminal does not prompt me back. In other words, i am logged as root (or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Behavior of Find command

Centos 5.8 Lets say I have 2 nfs shares mounted to /folder1 and /folder2. If I do a find / -name *something* Will it also search the 2 nfs shares ? If so is there a way to avoid this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whegra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explaination on export command

Hello Team, Could you pls explain how export command works in below code: for i in ${!SDV_*}; do export $i done As per my understanding, if SDV_1=test1;SDV_2=test2;test1=var1;test2=var2then in for loop below export will get executed. export var1;export var2But, Will this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana.hs
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange behavior of find and rm command

Hi I run the below command to find and delete *.xml files 90 or more days old. find . -type f -name '*.xml' -mtime +90 -exec rm {} \; find: stat() error ./Hello/2014_EMPTY.xml: No such file or directory ./Hello/2014_EMPTY_8011.xml: No such file or directory ..... .... If the file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Behavior

Linux Release Uname details Data file Ive been at the command line for some time. Back as far as SCO and Interactive Unix. I have always used this construct without issues. I want to isolate the ip / field 1. As you can see .. the first line is "skipped". This works as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange behavior from kill command

I am getting some strange behaviour from the kill command. When I run the which command it says it points to /usr/bin/kill. When I look at my PATH I have /usr/bin in it. So why does running kill or /usr/bin/kill produce different outputs? ghost ~ $ which kill /usr/bin/kill ghost ~ $ kill... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)