Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting There's a unknown command on line 1 and i don't know whats causing it. Post 302839221 by alister on Wednesday 31st of July 2013 07:57:24 PM
Old 07-31-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy565
"./user/script: line 1: : command not found."
$("")

Regards,
Alister
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Whats the command to see

What fonts are installed on a Solaris 8? I have no GUI so a command line command would be great. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acleoma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable for -name causing issue in Find command

Hi there, I'm trying to find files that are greater then 30 days old, zip them and move to a different directory. I'm encountering an issue passing a variable (FilesToFind) to name within the find command. Here's the code I'm running: #! /usr/bin/sh FileDir=/home/ariba... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ParNone
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with this 5 line script!

Hi #!/bin/sh user=$1 if " -eq 0 ] echo "No" else echo "Yes" fi I'm not quite sure whats wrong with this but I know its something silly. Any ideas? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the line number of an unknown line

I need to get the line number for a line, but I don't know where the file the line will appear. The line is always constant, but appears in different places. ie abc bcd cde fff aaa bbb ccc ddd and I would need the line number for fff, any help on this would be greatly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidachab
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with this line?

I have a file $I_FILE that I need to filter and store the 1st and the 9th columns in another file $O_FILE. With this in Perl, system ("awk -F, '{print \$1, \$9}' \$I_FILE | sed '\/^\$\/d' > O_FILE"); I get: 4096045055 The first line in I_FILE is:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this line using perl

E:\>perl -00ne 'push @a,"$_\0$ARGV\n";END{print reverse split/\0/ for sort @a}' file1-obj_prof.out.txt file2-obj_prof.out.txt' Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at -e line 1. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats does this export command do?

Hi, I know that export command is used to set environment variable. Can you please explain what ":--100" in the below command is doing? export ROWSTOLOAD=${ROWSTOLOAD:--100} Thanks, Gangadhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe causing last command error to not function

Hi I am quite new to scripting and cannot work out how to do the following - I want to pipe to a log file and then use the "last statement error" in an if statement after, and this doesn't work because it checks the pipe statement instead of the script. Example: executteTheScript $var |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erjorgito
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop is causing ssh command to exit from script after first iteration.

I am trying to check multiple server's "uptime" in a loop over "ssh". When I execute multiple ssh commands with hard coded servernames script is executing fine. But when I pass server names using while loop, script is exiting after checking first server's status, why? # serverList... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
8 Replies

10. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)

NAME
lr_environment - Export Lire configuration in shell script form SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_environment` DESCRIPTION
The lr_environment command is used to import the Lire configuration in Lire shell scripts. All of Lire configuration variables will be written in a format that can be evaled by the shell. Shell scripts don't usually have to use that command, since it is done by the defaults file sourced by each command. The old names used by when the configuration was done in shell script are also exported by this script for backward compatibility. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: lr_environment.in,v 1.12 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)