Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nohup not working as expected Post 302839203 by achenle on Wednesday 31st of July 2013 05:09:21 PM
Old 07-31-2013
Redirect stdin from /dev/null:

Code:
nohup ./dslconnection > dslstat.out 2>&1 < /dev/null &

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

which not working as expected

Hello. Consider the following magic words: # ls `which adduser` ls: /usr/sbin/adduser: No such file or directory # Hmmm... Then: # ls /usr/sbin/adduser /usr/sbin/adduser # Now what? Unforunately this little sniippet is used in my debian woody server's mysql pre install script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osee
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls not working as expected within ksh

Hi, I use the command ls a\b\c\*.txt from the command line on HP UNIX and it works fine - It lists all files matching *.txt in the a\b\c directory When embeded in a ksh script `ls a\b\c\*.txt` it does not work - I get *.txt not found (even though there are files) I tried... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
10 Replies

3. Solaris

nohup not working

Hi, I am working in SunOS 5.8. I wanted to run a script in background and I gave the following command, but it is not working. I gave "nohup ksh ULOAD.ksh &" It just came out giving a msg "Redirection or piping of stdin or stdout is allowed only with -b. (156)" in nohup.out file. If I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
2 Replies

4. Solaris

NOHUP not working

Hello All, Here is a problem of NOHUP. I am trying to run a process which needs to be up and running even if the session is closed. I tried running it with "nohup", but starngely it is not working, when i exit from the session the process is also getting killed? plz help me in finding out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamasam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why this is not working in expected way?

total=0 seq 1 5 | while read i ; do total=$(($total+$i)) echo $total done echo $totalThis outputs: 1 3 6 10 15 0whereas I am expecting: 1 3 6 10 15 15My bash version: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meharo
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-atime not working as expected

I need to sort through a volume that contains video files by access time and delete files that have not been accessed over x days. I have to use the access time as video files are originals that do not get modified, just read Testing commands on a local test folder... $ date Wed Sep 28... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: canon273
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nohup not working

Hi all, I wrote a scirpt (abc.sh) in which I defined a loop with an interval equal to 1 hour. I want this script continue to run when I close the terminal, so I ran the following command, (in the proper directory) nohup abc.sh However the script doesn't just keep running when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script not working with nohup

Hello, I am trying to run a shell script with the nohup command. The shell script takes an array of files, runs a python program on each file in a loop, and appends the output to a file. This works fine on the server, but if I try to use the nohup command it does not work. --- #!/bin/sh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricitron
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop nohup which is working background

Please I have run a background script using nohup please tell me way to stop this. Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup not give expected output. Non-stop running process

Hello, I am trying to make a bash script, I tested nohup but it did not help me. My code is: ffmpeg -i $input_url -c:v copy -c:a copy -listen 1 -f mpegts http://localhost:port/live/test When I open it in VLC, it starts feeding my screen and I see bitrate values. When I stop watching it,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
DKOPP(1)							  Dkopp man page							  DKOPP(1)

NAME
Dkopp - copy files to DVD or BD (Blue-ray) media SYNOPSIS
dkopp [ -job | -run ] jobfile dkopp [ -nogui ] -script scriptfile DESCRIPTION
Dkopp copies files to backup DVD or BD media. It supports full or incremental backups and full or incremental media verification. OVERVIEW
Dkopp is a menu-driven GUI (GTK) program operating in its own window. Dkopp copies files and directories specified in a job file to DVD or BD media. Dkopp can copy all files to empty media (full copy), or only new and modified files to previously used media (incremental). Files and directories to include or exclude can be selected from the file system hierarchy using a GUI navigator. Specifications are saved in a job file which can be re-edited and re-used. Script files can be run in batch mode using the -nogui option. Dkopp can be used to select and restore files previously copied, and owner and permission data is also restored. The DVD/BD media can also be accessed with file system tools like Nautilus. Dkopp supports the following functionalities: - Three backup modes: full, incremental, accumulate. - Three media verification modes: full, incremental, thorough. - Use write-once or re-writable DVD or BD media (but not CD). - Report disk:backup differences in detail or summary form. - Select and restore files from a backup copy (or use drag and drop). - Search log files to find media where specified files are saved. OPTIONS
Command line options: [ -job ] jobfile open job file for editing -run jobfile execute a job file [ -nogui ] -script scriptfile execute a script file SEE ALSO
The online user manual is available using the menu Help > contents. This manual explains Dkopp operation in great detail. Dkopp uses the batch programs grwoisofs and genisoimage. Dkopp is essentially a GUI front-end for these programs. AUTHORS
Written by Mike Cornelison <kornelix2@googlemail.com> Linux 2010-10-01 DKOPP(1)