Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Array Count and Array Copy help Post 302839019 by Balasankar on Wednesday 31st of July 2013 06:38:42 AM
Old 07-31-2013
Code:
fileStreamLoad=""ab.csv","bc.csv","cd.csv","de.csv","ef.csv","fg.csv"";
fileStreamAssign=($fileStreamLoad);
set count=2
echo "File carried list after 1st loop "${fileStreamAssiagnInit[@]}"" //Output : File carried list after 1st loop abcInd.csv sdgUS.csv sopSing.csv
for  a in ${fileStreamAssiagnInit[@]}
do
let "p = p +1"
done
echo $p
if [ $countfun -eq 2 ]
 then
     for ((k=0; k<$p; ++k));
    do
  fileStreamAssign="${fileStreamAssiagnInit[$k]}"
        done

echo "File carried list fileStreamAssign "${fileStreamAssiagn[@]}"" //Output required : File carried list fileStreamAssign abcInd.csv sdgUS.csv sopSing.csv

fi

Could you help me to assign the array value to another array ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Creating an array to hold posix thread ids: Only dynamic array works

I am facing a strange error while creating posix threads: Given below are two snippets of code, the first one works whereas the second one gives a garbage value in the output. Snippet 1 This works: -------------- int *threadids; threadids = (int *) malloc (num_threads * sizeof(int)); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmehta
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array copy in ksh

Hi all, Following code in ksh is giving error: fileLimit=5 func(){ dir=&quot;$1&quot; format=&quot;$2&quot; array=&quot;$3&quot; i=0 ls -lrt $format | tail -${fileLimit} | while read f_det; do files=&quot;${f_det},&quot; ((i+=1)) done eval $(echo set -A $array '&quot;${files}&quot;') } func &quot;.&quot; &quot;*.pl&quot; &quot;a&quot; echo... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PRKS
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner: Count & Sort Using Array's

Hi, I'm new to linux & bash so please forgive my ignorance, just wondering if anyone can help. I have a file (mainfile.txt) with comma deliminated values, like so: $1 $2 $3 613212, 36, 57 613212, 36, 10 613212, 36, 10 677774, 36, 57 619900, 10, 10 i need to split this file... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTOE
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies

6. Programming

Array[count+1] legal?

I get weird decimal digits when I run the program below. int coe_amount; cout << "How many coefficients exist in your term? "; cin >> coe_amount; float coefficient; for (int count = 0; count < coe_amount; count ++) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DyslexicChciken
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays: rebin/interpolate smaller array to large array

hello, i need a bit of help on how to do this effectively in bash without a lot of extra looping or massive switch/case i have a long array of M elements and a short array of N elements, so M > N always. M is not a multiple of N. for case 1, I want to stretch N to fit M arrayHuge H = (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: count unique element of array

Hi, tab-separated input: blabla_1 A,B,C,C blabla_2 A,E,G blabla_3 R,Q,A,B,C,R,Q output: blabla_1 3 blabla_2 3 blabla_3 5 After splitting $2 in an array, I am trying to store the number of unique elements in a variable, but have some difficulties resetting the variable to 0 before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of unique values in each column of array

What is an efficient way of counting the number of unique values in a 400 column by 1000 row array and outputting the counts per column, assuming the unique values in the array are: A, B, C, D In other words the output should look like: Value COL1 COL2 COL3 A 50 51 52... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geneanalyst
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy of array by index value fails

Hello, I have a complicated situational find and replace that I wrote in bash because I didn't know how to do everything in awk. The code works but is very slow, as expected. To create my modified file, I am looping through an array that was populated earlier and making some replacements at... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
6 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)