Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat CPU high - apache real server OK, virtual server not Post 302838991 by psychocandy on Wednesday 31st of July 2013 05:10:11 AM
Old 07-31-2013
CPU high - apache real server OK, virtual server not

Got two RHEL servers - one real and one virtual/cloud.

Both run apache web server.

When traffic is applied, CPU seems to go quite high on virtual one (20%) but real is not really affected. Worry is that a further increase in traffic will see a problem.

Experience of RHEL is limited. Whats the best approach to see what CPU is being used for on virtual box?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Apache Virtual Server Help

Hi I am trying to configure virtual host on apache and I am running into a problem where the server defaults to the default location and I cannot get apache to pull from the second server. I have configured 2 files in vhosts.d folder I have added NameVirtualHost *.80 to the httpd.conf I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratnamg
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting up ubuntu server as real time

0 down vote favorite share share share Let's solve my case please, it's urgent I have installed ubuntu server 11.04 on a machine with size 4GB. As, the ubuntu server 11.04 does not support real time kernel by default, I ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
0 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart debian server if one specific process has more than 10 seconds have high cpu load

Hi, could someone give me an example for a debian server script? I need to check a process if the process has a high cpu load (top). If yes the whole server needs to reboot. Thats it, nothing more. ;) Hope someone could help me. Regards woisch (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woisch
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Test program running taking much more time on high end server T5440 than low end server T5220

Hi all, I have written the following program and run on both T5440 and T5220 on same OS version. I found that T5540 server takes more time than T5220. Please find below the details. test1.cpp #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> using namespace std; #define NUM_OF_THREADS 20... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_singh85
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server showing high Sys% CPU usage

Hi Fellas, Not sure how I can dig in even further but we notice that one of our DB servers is showing high Sys% CPU usage even though when I execute the following command : I can see that postgres is the only one using the CPU. So if anyone can advise me what would be the best way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
3 Replies
asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS)				   User Commands				asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS)

NAME
delete-virtual-server - deletes the virtual server with the named virtual server ID SYNOPSIS
delete-virtual-server --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile file- name] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] virtual_server_id Deletes the virtual server with the named virtual server ID. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. OPERANDS
virtual_server_id identifies the unique ID for the virtual server to be created. This virtual server ID cannot begin with a number. Example 1: Using delete-virtual-server asadmin> delete-virtual-server --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 sample_vs1 Command delete-virtual-server executed successfully Where sample_vs1 is the virtual server deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-virtual-server(1AS), asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS)