Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Run ps aux continuously in AIX Post 302838969 by zaxxon on Wednesday 31st of July 2013 03:03:44 AM
Old 07-31-2013
The problem with ps is, that it will show the average CPU-usage since the start of the process. So if it runs already several days and you get a nasty peak for let's say 30 minutes, this will not have the value for CPU-usage rise noticably or maybe even at all.

We had a discussion about this here:
Using "ps" command to find high processes

and this could be a way to try:
Problem with nmon, actual CPU usage per process

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PS -aux and PS

I am new to the Unix. Can someone tell me what is the difference between 'PS' command and 'PS -aux"? Isn't 'PS' mean the current running process? Isn't 'PS -aux' mean the current running process too? If they are the same, how come 'PS -aux' always has a lot more listing than 'PS'? Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2715mt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ps aux|grep getty

what is the aim of this command: ps aux|grep getty (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script continuously for 10 minutes

Hi all!! Im using ksh and my OS is Linux. I want to run a script for ten minutes, starting from my current system time. How to acheive this? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get the list of file with size in AUX

to get the list of file name with size Example: rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562KB Nov 6 19:22 a rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562MB Nov 6 19:22 a edit by bakunin: Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps aux + grep + nice + while

Hi again, well does anyone knows how can i grep a process that right know the only part of the process name that i know is "backup" then renice it if the cpu consumption is more then 90% ... for now i have : a=$(ps aux | grep -c backup ) while $a > 2 #pseudo code do if ; then #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd0spt
16 Replies

6. AIX

Difference between ps -ef and ps aux

Hi, Can someone tell me what the difference is between ps -ef and ps aux. I was under the assumption that both commands would list ALL processes currently running on the system. But on my server I find the following: # ps -ef | wc -l 519 # ps aux | wc -l 571 What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a column from ps -aux command

Hi, I have the following output : root 9296 81.7 0.2 1115328 20856 ? Sl 14:38 1:00 /opt/h264rtptranscoder.bin --videoPort=14500 --audioPort=14501 --serverPort=14500 --framesPerSecond=50 --profilesPath=/opt/transcodingProfiles I would like to have the following output : ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a process continuously for an hour then stop?

Hi I have a shell script I would like to run it has to run twice a day every 5 seconds for an hour I can do this with cron but I was hoping there was an easier way. Is there a way to make a process sleep only at a certain time of day say between 1 and 2 pm? Or under certain conditions? Any help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get PID Number from “ps aux --sort -rss ”

Hi everyone How can I just get the PID of the following command: ps aux --sort -rss Thanks Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymuser
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the exact process using ps aux command?

Please do not post a technical question in the @How to contact....' forum. I have moved this for you. Hello Everyone, Please help me on this, Requirement here is to check whether the process is running using the process id. For the below scenario, I m trying to grep 1750 process id to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari A
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)