Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The Prodigal Son
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? The Prodigal Son Post 302838937 by krishmaths on Wednesday 31st of July 2013 12:35:28 AM
Old 07-31-2013
Do you mean something like the following?

Code:
function get_input
{
 # blah blah
}
function process_data
{
 # blah blah
}
function print_output
{
  # blah blah
}
# main
get_input
process_data
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
  print_output
fi

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i use fork,sleep,wait and write in a process with father and son..??

Hi.. I was unable to do (gcc code) which refers to the fork,wait,sleep and write.. what i want to do: A process of father create (fork) a son and will sleep 90 seconds..After this, son process create a grandchild and will sleep 60 seconds..Grandchild process will sleep for 30 seconds..After... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gumlucin
3 Replies
update-mime-database(1) 					  X Desktop Group					   update-mime-database(1)

NAME
update-mime-database - a program to build the Shared MIME-Info database cache SYNOPSIS
update-mime-database -h | -v | [ -V | -n ] MIME-DIR DESCRIPTION
update-mime-database is a program which is responsible for updating the shared mime-info cache according to the system described in the Shared MIME-Info Database specification <http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/shared-mime-info-spec> from the X Desktop Group. OPTIONS
-h Print out a command summary. -v Print out the version information. -V Be verbose. -n Only update if MIME-DIR/packages/ or a file in that directory is newer than MIME-DIR/version. This is useful for package pre- and post-installation scripts. ARGUMENTS
MIME-DIR This is the directory for which update-mime-database should rebuild the cache. Mandatory if none of the options is provided. AUTHOR
Filip Van Raemdonck (mechanix@debian.org) wrote this manpage for the Debian GNU/Linux project, but it may be used by others. LICENCE
Copyright (C) 2002 Thomas Leonard. You may redistribute copies of update-mime-database under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Filip Van Raemdonck 26 Jul 2002 update-mime-database(1)