Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cannot convert this .pages file to a .txt file?!? Post 302838935 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 31st of July 2013 12:28:29 AM
Old 07-31-2013
I think Apple assumes that if you have *.pages files, you must have the pages application. And if you have pages, you can use it to export the contents as text if you don't want to read the content of the file nicely formatted as presented by pages itself.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert PS files to txt file?

Hi, I need to convert PS files to txt file. I thought of using ps2ascii, but its not installed in my AIX box, any other option? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert a txt file to xls file

How to convert a txt file(tab delimiter) to xls file. Looking forward help. Thanks, Venkatesh. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert a txt file to .xls file

i want to convert a comma seprated file into a .xls file the file contains 3 fields seprated by a comma. i want to convert it into a .xls file with 3 columns and 37 rows DPRPT400,01/15/2009-15:03:06,01/15/2009-15:03:08 DPRPT401,01/15/2009-15:03:15,01/15/2009-15:03:32... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manit
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL:How to convert numeric values txt file to PACKED DECIMAL File?

Is there any way to convert numeric values txt file to PACKED DECIMAL File using PERL. Regards, Alok (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aloktiwary
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a .log file into .txt file under unix??

Hi Friends, I have a .log file generated from a tool(Windows PC) which can be opened using a notepad, but when I tried to view the file in unix (cygwin on my laptop) the file type is showing as binary file, So I am unable to process the file. I need to extract some of the selected text... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a txt file to xml file

Hello, I donot have exact lenght of the file. But i want entire txt of the file to send it into one node. for example I have txt file.. asdfghjklmnbvcxzqwertyuiop., nswwneikniniwn so i need the output as <documentbody>asdfghjklmnbvcxzqwertyuiop., ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hemantgupta84
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert delimiter to string in txt file

Hi, I need to convert tab delimiter to #*# in txt file. Does anybody know how to do it? If i'm using: tr -s '\t' '#*#' < name.txt > name_new.txt It converts only to #, but I need 3 chars. Thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borsud
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to convert TXT file into CSV

Hi Team, i have some script which give output in TXT format , need script to convert TXT file into CSV. Output.TXT 413. U-UU-LVDT-NOD-6002 macro_outcome_dist-8.0.0(v1_0_2) KK:1.2.494 (1234:333:aaa:2333:3:2:333:a) 414. U-UU-LVDT-NOD-6004 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
10 Replies

9. Solaris

How to convert pdf file to txt?

Hello Unix gurus, I am learning unix. I have lots pdf data files. I need to convert them into txt files. Can you please guide me how to do that? Thanks in advance. Rao (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert a txt file to a CSV file

Hi , I have a Txt file which consist of 1000's of SOAP request and response and i want the file to be converted to a csv file like column a should have a soap request and column b should have the soap response . can someone assist me in achieving this please ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarm8
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)                                                Debhelper                                               DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build directories. This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use dh_installman(1) instead. dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files' extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory. All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages. This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that you do not want to be installed. After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. OPTIONS
file ... Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages. BUGS
dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program instead). Files ending in .man will be ignored. Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)