Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can I view doc files from terminal Post 302838863 by in2nix4life on Tuesday 30th of July 2013 04:29:12 PM
Old 07-30-2013
You can use an app called antiword: Antiword: a free MS Word document reader
This User Gave Thanks to in2nix4life For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

View files in columns

Can some on say how in simplest way to implement the following: I have two files: 1) some some some 2) another another another I need to get third file: 3) some another some another some another (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To view .gz files without decompressing it

hi, I have a file called Archiver1.gz how to view this file without doing gunzip on it i.e. decompressing it i tried this command but its not working: gzcat Archiver1.gz | tail -10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To view compressed files

Hello All I compressed a file hello by using compress command compress hello ( enter ) i got the file as hello.z 1. My question is how can i see the file hello.z 2. How can i uncompress it back to change it to filename hello thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rusty with cp command -- how to cp all .doc files with .txt extension

I'm rusty with cp, so I was wondering: is it possible to cp all the .doc files in a folder and make them .txt files? Can you use cp to do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command for terminal - view sequences as a single line?

Hello, I'm looking for some code that will list sequences of files as a single line. ie, sequences of files like this: filename.1.ext filename.2.ext filename.3.ext filename.4.ext filename.5.ext filename.6.ext filename.7.ext filename.8.ext filename.9.ext filename.10.ext would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kentm
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with opening/viewing doc file via linux terminal

I am currently trying to open a .doc file in my workstation via terminal. This is my code: root@ojt:/home/ojt/Desktop# cat arts_life.doc and it gave me a bunch of unknown characters together with the contents of the doc file. What I actually want to happen is that it will open the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chams
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Help with opening/viewing doc file via linux terminal

I am currently trying to open a .doc file in my workstation via terminal. This is my code: root@ojt:/home/ojt/Desktop# cat arts_life.doc and it gave me a bunch of unknown characters together with the contents of the doc file. What I actually want to happen is that it will open the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chams
4 Replies

8. Linux

Find MSWord doc Files by Year and then Copy

I need to be able to find all *.doc files by year last modified and then perform an action such as copy to folder: /documents/2011 the 'find' command seems to show the path but not the full file details, which includes the date modified as the ls command does. I got this far with ls, but have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamarsh
2 Replies

9. Programming

Is it possible to change search inside .pdf or .doc files?

the titele was wrong ... the true one is: Is it possible to search words inside .pdf or .doc files? is it possible if i changed the word into binary combination:eek:? and this way is super too hyper huge of greatest codes i ever seen:D to read only 1 word so is there any other ways:confused:? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge two .doc files from different servers.?

Folks, I would like to know how to merge two .doc files from different servers. For example, df -h > host1.doc --> from host1 df -h > host2.doc --> from host2 Now i want to merge these different server details into single .doc file. Pls let me know, if any questions... Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)