Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk Space Allocation
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Disk Space Allocation Post 302838761 by Corona688 on Tuesday 30th of July 2013 11:47:22 AM
Old 07-30-2013
I don't expect so. The arrangement of disk blocks to disk location isn't necessarily linear anyway.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk space

Can someone tell me how to determine how much disk space has been allocated to me and how much of it I am using? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

available disk space on disk device???

Hello, Can someone please tell me which command to use to determine the available disk space on a given disk device? I have to write a shell script that compresses files and stores them in a specific location but I am not sure how "conservative" I should be? Thanks in advance! Al. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

3. Programming

dynamic allocation vs static allocation in c

i wrote a tiny version of tail command using a large buffer statically allocated but, in a second time, i found another version in which i use a bidimensional array dynamically allocated. here is the first version /*my tiny tail, it prints the last 5 line of a file */ #include<stdio.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasclaus
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space

Hi This is my script for disk space monitoring clear if then echo "You must be root user to execute the script" fi ALERT_LEVEL=10 CONSUMPTION_LEVEL= `df -k | awk {'print $5'} | cut -d '%' -f1 | sed "1 d"` for i in $CONSUMPTION_LEVEL do FILE_SYSTEM=`df -k | awk {'print $1'} |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

disk space

when i check /export directory of my machine gets filled up (85%) i removed some old logs. but after cleaning df -k command still shows that /export is still 85% full. Is there a way to force df to reflect actual free space without rebooting? My machine is a production one and can't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space

Hi Guys i have a nice little piece of code then i need to modify so that is does not look at /Voulmes/* thanks sub disk_full { my $i = 0; open( DF, "df -l|" ); while (<DF>) { #chomp(); next if (/^\/proc\b/); $i++; next if ( $i == 1 ); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk space

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, and want to monitor disk space using shell script continously on server, which will shoot mail after crossing threshold limit Please suggest. Regards Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Block-based allocation and Extent-based allocation in Solaris

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's this figure about? (See the attached figure below.) This is a representation of block allocation filesystem and extent allocation filesystem in Solaris. Does this mean that in a block-based allocation, data are placed in individual blocks while in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Need help to understand zfs rpool space allocation

Hi, I am unable to understand that, in one of my servers while df -kh Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris-2 98G 11G 29G 29% / Even the Root FS filled on 40gb and system becomes unstable. it is showing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
mkqdisk(8)						      Quorum Disk Management							mkqdisk(8)

NAME
mkqdisk - Cluster Quorum Disk Utility WARNING
Use of this command can cause the cluster to malfunction. SYNOPSIS
mkqdisk [-?|-h] | [-L] | [-f label] [-c device -l label] [-d [-d ...]] DESCRIPTION
The mkqdisk command is used to create a new quorum disk or display existing quorum disks accessible from a given cluster node. OPTIONS
-c device -l label Initialize a new cluster quorum disk. This will destroy all data on the given device. If a cluster is currently using that device as a quorum disk, the entire cluster will malfunction. Do not run this on an active cluster when qdiskd is running. Only one device on the SAN should ever have the given label; using multiple different devices is currently not supported (it is expected a RAID array is used for quorum disk redundancy). The label can be any textual string up to 127 characters - and is therefore enough space to hold a UUID created with uuidgen(1). -f label Find the cluster quorum disk with the given label and display information about it. -L Display information on all accessible cluster quorum disks. -d Increase debugging level. Specify multiple times for more information. Currently, specifying more than twice has no effect. SEE ALSO
qdisk(5), qdiskd(8), uuidgen(1) July 2006 mkqdisk(8)