Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting the records based on the condition Post 302838669 by joeyg on Tuesday 30th of July 2013 07:26:05 AM
Old 07-30-2013
Much more info needed...

What kind of database?
What is the record layout?
What field is being matched against your input parameter?
and on and on....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command for deleting log files based on some condition

Hello, Can anyone pls. provide me with the command for deleting files older then 15 days with a restriction to keep at least 5 files in a directory even if they are older then 15 days. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks, Pulkit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulkit
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on num of records in file1 need to check records in file2 to set some condns

Hi All, I have two files say file1 and file2. I want to check the number of records in file1 and if its atleast 2 (i.e., 2 or greater than 2 ) then I have to check records in file2 .If records in file2 is atleast 1 (i.e. if its not empty ) i have to set some conditions . Could you pls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting duplicate records from file 1 if records from file 2 match

I have 2 files "File 1" is delimited by ";" and "File 2" is delimited by "|". File 1 below (3 record shown): Doc1;03/01/2012;New York;6 Main Street;Mr. Smith 1;Mr. Jones Doc2;03/01/2012;Syracuse;876 Broadway;John Davis;Barbara Lull Doc3;03/01/2012;Buffalo;779 Old Windy Road;Charles... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print other records along with condition too

Hi, I have a text file with more than 100000 records. I used the following command awk '{if ($3<$2) print $1"\t"$3"\t"$2"\t"$4"\t"$5}' input.txt > output.txt But, this one is printing which satisfies the condition, which are only 1000. I would like to get all the 100000 records in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete records from a big file based on some condition

Hi, To load a big file in a table,I have a make sure that all rows in the file has same number of the columns . So in my file if I am getting any rows which have columns not equal to 6 , I need to delete it . Delimiter is space and columns are optionally enclosed by "". This can be ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemantraijain
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting the records based on condition

Hi Unix team, I have a file with 30 columns with tab delimited. I need to count the records based on column 18 & 21 data. So I cut the data from the file using awk -F"\t" '{print $18,$21}' foo.txt Following is the output: USED SEDAN USED SUV NEW SUV USED Truck USED Truck USED... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting the unwanted data based on condition

hi i have my input data like this aaa bbb ccc asa dff nmj mnj saa dff oik aax cdx saa oik asq sdf dssi want my output file to be like this mnj saa dff oik aax cdx saa oiki want to retain only those lines which will have oik just below them and i want oik to be as next column to those... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines based on a condition for a group of files

hi i have a set of similar files. i want to delete lines until certain pattern appears in those files. for a single file the following command can be used but i want to do it for all the files at a time since the number is in thousands. awk '/PATTERN/{i++}i' file (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the records once condition met

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance to get the records once the $2 met the condition. Ex. file 1.txt 123455,10-Aug-2020 07:33:37 AM,2335235,1323534,12343 123232,11-Aug-2015 08:33:37 PM,4234324,1321432,34364 Output: 123455,10-Aug-2020 07:33:37 AM,2335235,1323534,12343 What i did... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
5 Replies
XtAppAddInput(3Xt)														XtAppAddInput(3Xt)

NAME
XtAppAddInput, XtRemoveInput - register and remove an input source SYNOPSIS
XtInputId XtAppAddInput(app_context, source, condition, proc, client_data) XtAppContext app_context; int source; XtPointer condition; XtInputCallbackProc proc; XtPointer client_data; void XtRemoveInput(id) XtInputId id; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the application context that identifies the application. Specifies the argument that is to be passed to the specified procedure when input is available. Specifies the mask that indicates a read, write, or exception condition or some operating system dependent condi- tion. Specifies the ID returned from the corresponding XtAppAddInput call. Specifies the procedure that is to be called when input is available. Specifies the source file descriptor on a UNIX-based system or other operating system dependent device specification. DESCRIPTION
The XtAppAddInput function registers with the Intrinsics read routine a new source of events, which is usually file input but can also be file output. Note that file should be loosely interpreted to mean any sink or source of data. XtAppAddInput also specifies the conditions under which the source can generate events. When input is pending on this source, the callback procedure is called. The legal values for the condition argument are operating-system dependent. On a UNIX-based system, the condition is some union of XtInpu- tReadMask, XtInputWriteMask, and XtInputExceptMask. The XtRemoveInput function causes the Intrinsics read routine to stop watching for input from the input source. BUGS
In ANSI C it is necessary to cast the condition to an XtPointer, for example: XtAppAddInput(app_context, source, (XtPointer) (XtInputReadMask | XtInputWriteMask), proc, client_data); SEE ALSO
XtAppAddTimeOut(3Xt), XtAppAddSignal(3Xt) X Toolkit Intrinsics -- C Language Interface Xlib -- C Language X Interface XtAppAddInput(3Xt)