Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File transmission logs in UNIX Post 302838419 by Corona688 on Monday 29th of July 2013 03:44:52 PM
Old 07-29-2013
You'll have to be more specific. Lots of UNIX log lots of things in lots of ways. Show a sample and maybe we can help explain wht it means.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

direct transmission of files via TCP/IP

Hi, is it possible to write files via write() to a socket and read it on the other side via read(), without going through buffers? Iif not via write() and read() are there other possibilities? thanks darkspace (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkspace
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Unix - Logs

Hi All, Can anybody tell me, how to trace out user access to the Unix Server Machine, (i,e) I want to find out the user who had executed some commands to alter the cron file. Regards Nag (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lftp transmission error help

We have installed lftp version 3.4.7. When trying to send a file it loops on sending. It appears that the lftp sends about 130k then attempts to verify transmission (with a head command maybe). The receiver is pulling the data immediatly behind the firewall and does not appear to be answering... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iversog
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

COMP-3 File transmission

Guys, i need to transfer a file which contains both display and comp-3 fields from unix to mainframe. Cyberfusion , FTP doesn't work since they treat display and comp-3 fields same. Any Solution in this regard will be appreciated. Thanks, Sharif.S (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharifhere
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Geeting the error during file transmission

I am facing the following issue during file transmission from one of our application to SFTP server.Here the fact is that i am geeting the error message but the file transmission is happening properly.The message i get is as follows: sftp> cd inbox sftp> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bimal3099
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Logs in Unix

Hi. Is there a way or command (other than netstat) in Unix to find out or get a list a users who FTP into a particular server? Like, say last 1000 users. I need to get the user ID (any info), who FTP to a particular server. netstat gives only the users who have an FTp session currently. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisendhil
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print logs in unix prompt or to a log file?

I am executing a stored procedure through shell script. In the procedure, i have dbms_output.put_line to log the comments. This is working fine and but logs are available only after the execution of the pl/sql procedure's completion. I want to print the log comments while executing the procedure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with UNIX logs file

I'm working on Logs Management System. it requires from all Unix servers to send their logs files to a specific (IP, Port). Please help me to get the right conf on logs files to send them to that IP and port. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. :o:o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinan adra
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to detect files transmission at UNIX server ?

Dear Expert Users, I know that Unix utility ( fuser ) is used to detect "transmission" of files from Source system to "current Linux Server". I have scheduled this Unix script to work every 30th minutes of the hour and whenever files transmission starts at that very moment. And, the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
4 Replies
TRANSMISSION-QT(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					TRANSMISSION-QT(1)

NAME
transmission-qt -- a bittorrent client SYNOPSIS
transmission-qt -h transmission-qt [options] [torrent-file ...] DESCRIPTION
transmission-qt is a fast and easy BitTorrent client. BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer file transfer protocol which uses a metainfo file (usually with the .torrent file extension) and a central tracker to distribute file data amongst a group of peers. For more information on the BitTorrent protocol see http://www.bittorrent.org/ OPTIONS
-h --help Show help options -g, --config-dir directory Where to look for configuration files. This can be used to swap between using the cli, daemon, gtk, and qt clients. See http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/ConfigFiles for more information. -m --minimized Start minimized in notification area -p, --port port Port to use when connecting to an existing session -r, --remote host Connect to an existing session at the specified hostname -u, --username username Username to use when connecting to an existing session -v, --version Show version number and exit -w, --password password Password to use when connecting to an existing session Multiple .torrent files may be added at startup by appending them on the command line. If transmission-qt is already running, the torrents will be added to the running instance. ENVIRONMENT
TRANSMISSION_HOME Sets the default config-dir. FILES
~/.config/transmission The config-dir used when neither [TRANSMISSION_HOME] nor [-g] is specified. AUTHORS
transmission-qt was written by Jordan Lee, Josh Elsasser, Eric Petit, and Mitchell Livingston. SEE ALSO
transmission-create(1), transmission-daemon(1), transmission-edit(1), transmission-gtk(1), transmission-qt(1), transmission-remote(1), transmission-show(1) http://www.transmissionbt.com/ June 26, 2010