Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Get file names from string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get file names from string Post 302838335 by Yoda on Monday 29th of July 2013 11:36:31 AM
Old 07-29-2013
Code:
awk -F'[<>]' '
        {
                for ( i = 1; i <= NF; i++ )
                {
                        if ( $i ~ /xls$/ )
                                F[$i]
                }
        }
        END {
                for ( k in F )
                        print k
        }
' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help, find domain names in string

Hello, i have a file contains the information like below /home/username/domain.com/log/access /home/username/domain23.net/log/access /home/reseller/username/domain.com/log/access using a loop i can read every line of the file but i wants to extract domain name like(domain.com,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyes_drinker
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate string containing shell variable names

Hello, I have this: #!/usr/bin/ksh V1=ABC str="hello 123;${V1}" eval "echo $str" i get hello 123 /script.sh ABC not found However eval works if $str variable doesn't contain a semicolumn (eg if str="hello 123~${v1}" running the eval statement above would produce (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: endorphin
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to extract sub-string out of file names

I have these files in a directory. It may have more class than the sample below: DEPT_CHEM101LEC_D_20110301.DAT DEPT_CHEM101LAB_D_20110301.DAT DEPT_BIO105LEC_D_20110325.DAT DEPT_BIO105LAB_D_20110325.DAT DEPT_CSC308LEC_D_20110327.DAT DEPT_CSC308LAB_D_20110327.DAT Is there way to extract out... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lv99
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all proper names from string with awk

I want to extract the proper names with awk from a very long string, like: õ(k): &lt;/span&gt;<br /><a something="pls/pe/person.person?i_pers_id=3694&amp;i_topic_id=2&amp;i_city_id=3372&amp;i_county_id=-1" target="_blank"><b>Gary Oldman</b></a> (George Smiley)<br /><a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyp
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep string in files and list file names that contain the string

Hi, I have a list of zipped files. I want to grep for a string in all files and get a list of file names that contain the string. But without unzipping them before that, more like using something like gzcat. My OS is: SunOS test 5.10 Generic_142900-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
8 Replies

8. Programming

Query to SELECT only Column Names that Contain a Specific String?

Hey Guys, I'm using SQuirreL SQL v3.5 GUI to fetch some data that I need for something I'm working on. I'm also using the IBM Informix Driver (*Version 3.5) to connect to the Database. What I want to do, if it's even possible, is to show all COLUMNS if they contain the word "Email". So in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a string in a list of files, print file names

I'm interested in writing a report script using BASH that searches all of the files in a particular directory for a keyword and printing a list of files containing this string... In fact this reporting script would have searches for multiple keywords, so I'm interested in making multiple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chemscripter904
2 Replies
CURLOPT_REFERER(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options						CURLOPT_REFERER(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_REFERER - set the HTTP referer header SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_REFERER, char *where); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a zero terminated string as parameter. It will be used to set the Referer: header in the http request sent to the remote server. This can be used to fool servers or scripts. You can also set any custom header with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3). The application does not have to keep the string around after setting this option. DEFAULT
NULL PROTOCOLS
HTTP EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); /* tell it where we found the link to this place */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_REFERER, "http://example.com/aboutme.html"); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
If built with HTTP support RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if HTTP support is enabled, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_USERAGENT(3), CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3), libcurl 7.54.0 December 21, 2016 CURLOPT_REFERER(3)