Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sync script between two places Post 302838293 by zaxxon on Monday 29th of July 2013 10:56:13 AM
Old 07-29-2013
There is plenty of documentation and examples on using rsync on the web that should be more than sufficient for a start.
Also should try to write the script yourself, which will be not much more than a long command line for rsync, if you don't have any additional checks or something.
You should use -e ssh with rsync so you have to open only port 22 for the encrypted rsync communication.

Do not hesitate to ask here if you get stuck, but a bit of own effort should be shown.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a script in 2 places: $ & #

Hi all, first time here, but I figured you'd be the ones to ask... I want to write a scrip which starts in shell ' $ ' and give it a command, then change to superuser and give it more commands. Then exit su, and give it more commands at '$' Is this possible? Ex: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jijalicious
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines at several places in a file with script

Hi, I am a newbie to shell scripting, and I have a file which quite large which I would like to delete lines at certain places. I want to search for a keyword which is recurring in the file. When matched I would like to delete the line. And when the file was so huge I thought I ought to learn... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_andrew
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password script sync

Hi all, I am trying to create a simple password script but it seems not working well. What I'm trying to do is to sync the yppasswd and smbpasswd. So I created this: #!/bin/csh echo "" echo "Please enter old password: " set OLDPASSWD = $< echo "Please enter new password: " set NEWPASSWD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saiful
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the places of binary digits in the korn shell script

TO THE ALMIGHTY FORUM , though i have already posted the same question on hex to binary thread , i am posting here also for other beginners who may benefit from this thread... I have a 32 bit binary containing a series of 1' and 0's , and i am stuck... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal places

i need to multiplay a number with 1.00.. so that the output should contain two decimal places at end.. for example... 236 * 1.00 = 236.00 245.8 * 1.00 = 245.80 but when i perform multiplication it shows output as. 236 245.8 can anyone help me to get the actual output of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell script to sync/move files that are not in use

Hello all. This may seem like a dumb/easy question but right now I have a little script I made that uses rsync to sync a directory that has files in it that may or may not be complete files. I want to come up with a better solution for this. What it is is I have a directory lets say /incomplete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxn00b
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab using shell script to sync files.

Hi, I developed one shell script where it will sync the files using perforce, #!/bin/bash TERM=linux export TERM clear echo "" $PATH echo "" cd /u/userk/p4/p4_client/TES_DATE echo "" echo "Sync p4 " p4 sync echo "Executing for second time " p4 -u userk -p p4net:161 -c... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
8 Replies

9. Programming

Badly places ()'s on C

I dont know why this Linux would give me badly placed () error all the time for this; #include <stdio.h> int main() { register int num=0 ; while ((num < 5)) ++num; printf("Pass %d \n", num) ; return 0 ; } can anyone help me please? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum the fields with 6 decimal places - getting only 2 decimal places as output

I used the below script to Sum up a field in a file based on some unique values. But the problem is when it is summing up the units, it is truncating to 2 decimals and not 6 decimals as in the input file (Input file has the units with up to 6 Decimals – Sample data below, when the units in the 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brlsubbu
4 Replies
PARALLEL-RSYNC(1)														 PARALLEL-RSYNC(1)

NAME
parallel-rsync - deploy files to listed hosts SYNOPSIS
parallel-rsync [OPTIONS] -h hosts.txt local remote DESCRIPTION
pssh provides a number of commands for executing against a group of computers, using SSH. It's most useful for operating on clusters of homogenously-configured hosts. parallel-rsync deploy files files to all hosts you listed. OPTIONS
-r --recursive recusively copy directories (OPTIONAL) -a ----archive use rsync -a (archive mode) (OPTIONAL) -z --compress use rsync compression (OPTIONAL) -h --hosts hosts file (each line "host[:port] [user]") -l --user username (OPTIONAL) -p --par max number of parallel threads (OPTIONAL) -o --outdir output directory for stdout files (OPTIONAL) -e --errdir output directory for stderr files (OPTIONAL) -t --timeout timeout (secs) (-1 = no timeout) per host (OPTIONAL) -O --options SSH options (OPTIONAL) -v --verbose turn on warning and diagnostic messages (OPTIONAL) EXAMPLE
# parallel-rsync -r -h hosts.txt -l irb2 foo /home/irb2/foo ENVIRONMENT
All four programs take similar sets of options. All of these options can be set using the following environment variables: o PSSH_HOSTS o PSSH_USER o PSSH_PAR o PSSH_OUTDIR o PSSH_VERBOSE o PSSH_OPTIONS SEE ALSO
parallel-ssh(1), parallel-scp(1), parallel-slurp(1), parallel-nuke(1), ssh(1), rsync(1) AUTHOR
Brent N. Chun <bnc@theether.org> COPYING
Copyright: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Brent N. Chun NOTES
1. bnc@theether.org mailto:bnc@theether.org 03/30/2009 PARALLEL-RSYNC(1)