Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 6.1 TL8 update : bos.aso doesn't install. Post 302838289 by stephnane on Monday 29th of July 2013 10:53:28 AM
Old 07-29-2013
as I said, bos.aso is a "new" fileset/functionality for Power7, automatically installed ant it's a requisite for others.

In this link : IBM Fileset information for: bos.aso - United States , you'll see that it doesn't exist before 6.1 TL8.

It's not already installed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How do I install bos.loc.iso.en_GB?

Hi, I need to install the package bos.loc.iso.en_GB on an AIX 5.3 server but try as I might I cannot find the file which contains this package. I have all the AIX 5.3 CDs and also the majority of the packages installed locally on the server. If I create a .toc file from the local packages I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
3 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5.1 install bos.sysmgt.nim.master failed

I was trying to install bos.sysmgt.nim.master on AIX 5.1 with a mounted NFS source, but it failed: # installp -agXd /nfs/aix51cd1 bos.sysmgt.nim.master installp: APPLYING software for: bos.sysmgt.nim.master 5.1.0.50 restore: 0511-123 The volume on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezlee
0 Replies

3. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

4. AIX

bos.rte.5.2.0.10 - Failure to Install (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsf bad permissions)

I have a RS/6000 B80 which just had a disk failure; I've added a new drive and am in the process of rebuilding. I have reinstalled AIX 5.2 and am now looking to begin updating. (fyi this will be the second time I have attempted to rebuild this machine, the first time i installed ML 5200-10 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wesiman
1 Replies

5. AIX

Where do I get bos.adt.debug fot AIX 6.1 ?

Hello, Can't find this package anywhere: Searched all AIX 6.1 CD's - nothing Serched expansion pack - nothing Where do I get it ? thanks Vilius ---------- Post updated at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:58 AM ---------- Ok this was my mistake. bos.adt.debug was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

6. AIX

Need AIX 5.3 bos.adt.libm

We have an older AIX RS 6000 and had the hard drive die on us. I was able to get the hard drive replaced and it came with AIX 5.3 installed on it but is missing a component that we need. I am trying to install our C+ and Fortran compilers but they require the bos.adt.libm module and I do not have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredn
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5.3 BOS Overwrite Installation problem

Hi list, I am trying to perform an AIX 5.3 new installation on a p505 machine. After plugging the machine on the power and connecting using Hyperterminal through COM1 I get the following screen: Welcome Machine type-model: 9115-505 Serial number: 102765A Date: 2010-1-12 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mariobehring
1 Replies

8. AIX

Downgrade bos.rte.install ?

Hello, Running AIX 6.1 TL2 SP4. bos.rte.install was upgraded to 6.1.4.1 by accident(commited). I'm trying to downgrade it. On my install DVD I found bos.rte.install_6.1.2.1.bff. So I'm trying to downgrade: # installp -acF -d/soft1 bos.rte.install 6.1.2.1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

9. AIX

Upgrade to TL8 failed: bos.net.NFS.client 6.1.8.1 (usr: COMMITTED, root:

dears i am trying to upgrade the TL from TL7 to TL8 and i facing this issue AIX6.1 << End of Success Section >> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ BUILDDATE Verification ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to install bos.net.NFS.server 7.1.x.x ??

Hello Everyone, I am in quite a deliema, where do I get bos.net.nfs.server 7.1.0.0 from?? I am running AIX 7.1.3.3 & PowerHA 7.1.3 on this server. #lslpp -l |grep nfs bos.net.nfs.client 7.1.3.15 COMMITTED Network File System Client cluster.es.nfs.rte ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorkhali
0 Replies
af_lock(3)						    Attribute Filesystem (AtFS) 						af_lock(3)

NAME
af_lock, af_unlock, af_testlock - mechanism for reserving update rights in AtFS SYNOPSIS
#include <atfs.h> Af_user *af_lock (Af_key *aso, Af_user *locker) Af_user *af_unlock (Af_key *aso) Af_user *af_testlock (Af_key *aso) DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the interface to the AtFS locking mechanism. Locks are used to avoid conflicting updates to one object history. After a user has reserved the update rights, no other user may add new versions to the reserved history. Reserving the update rights hap- pens by locking the most recent version of the history. As AtFS allows adding new versions to each generation in a history, each genera- tion may be locked separately. Reserving update rights for old generations (with generation numbers smaller than the newest generation) are performed by locking the most recent version of the corresponding generation. Removing an ASO (af_rm - manual page af_files(3)) and chang- ing an ASO's version number (af_svnum - manual page af_version(3)) also requires a lock on the corresponding ASO. af_lock reserves the update permission for the user identified by locker. On successful completion, a buffer identical to locker is returned, a NULL pointer otherwise. af_unlock cancels a formerly established reservation of update rights. Only the owner or the locker of an ASO (identified by the Af_user structure that was given to the corresponding call of af_lock) are allowed to do this. On successful completion, af_unlock returns a buffer containing the identification of the former locker. This may be empty, if the ASO was not locked. Upon error, a NULL pointer is returned. af_testlock returns a buffer containing an identification of the current locker of the specified ASO. It returns an empty buffer, if no lock is set. SEE ALSO
af_version(3), af_files(3) DIAGNOSTICS
af_lock and af_unlock return -1 on error and af_errno is set to indicate the error number. AtFS-1.71 Fri Jun 25 14:33:11 1993 af_lock(3)