Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need Suggestions to monitoring Scan Rate Post 302838279 by achenle on Monday 29th of July 2013 10:34:58 AM
Old 07-29-2013
Use the "sar" set of utilities:

Code:
man sar
man sar.1m

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rate of process

How can I determine if the data collection rate is 1 Hz on Solaris? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
0 Replies

2. AIX

Paging Rate

Hi Friends, Can you please answer the following questions. 1) What is Paging rate ? 2) How to Calculate Paging rate from the following topas command output? Faults 206 Real,MB 28671 Steals 311 % Comp 71.1 PgspIn 1 % Noncomp 28.8 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
3 Replies

3. AIX

Scan Rate

Hello, How can i tell ifthe ratio between fr and sr is ok? is fr/sr ratio of 0.9 acceptable? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Scan Rate threshold

Hi Guys, The management is being frisky about scan rate in the range of a few thousands ( 4 digit scan rates occasionally). After much research ive concluded that its ok to have high scan rates , unless it leads to swapping/ it falls above 1:4 ratio with free rate (fr:sr) My question is:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzahed
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

WPAR monitoring shell script suggestions needed

Hi All, This is for WPAR monitoring shell script, earlier opened thread was closed, had to open a new thread, as suggested I have used script as below, But am trying to get the output in below format, need suggestions with it. Below is the lswpar output, required output format. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server Monitoring Suggestions

Hi all - newb here. We're a Windows shop and I'm looking for something that I could stand up to monitor various aspects of our servers. I'm specifically looking for something that can: verify that servers are up verify services are up verify remote sites are up/accessible monitor CPU &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phylum
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Formula calculate scan rate

Hi There, Just curious here... If there formula to calculate scan rate on solaris? Thanks Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get the increased rate in MB?

Deal all, I have a directory called I want to know how many MBs are transferred to it every 2 hours. How can I do this? Any ideas? I have a simple idea but I can't translate it into shell script, the idea is: 1- get the size of the folder now, using 2- then get the size of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Failover based on scan rate

Dear Experts, If there is a possible Solaris Cluster failover to second node based on scan rate? I need the documentation If solaris cluster can do this. Thank You in Advance Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies
News::Scan::Thread(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   News::Scan::Thread(3pm)

NAME
News::Scan::Thread - keep track of threads in a Usenet newsgroup SYNOPSIS
use News::Scan::Thread; my $thr = News::Scan::Thread->new($news_scan_article_obj); DESCRIPTION
This module provides a class whose objects can be used to keep track of threads of discussion in a Usenet newsgroup. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( ARTICLE ) "ARTICLE" should be a "News::Scan::Article" object or an object of some class derived from "News::Scan::Article". "new" performs some initialization and returns a "News::Scan::Thread". METHODS
subject Returns this thread's subject. volume Returns the volume in bytes generated in this thread. articles Returns the number of posts to this thread. header_volume Returns the volume in bytes of the headers in this thread's articles. header_lines Returns the number of header lines in this thread's articles. body_volume Returns the volume in bytes of the message bodies of this thread's articles. body_lines Returns the number of lines in this thread's message bodies. orig_volume Returns the volume in bytes of the original content of this thread's articles. orig_lines Returns the number of original lines in this thread's articles. sig_volume Returns the volume in bytes of the signatures of this thread's articles. sig_lines Returns the number of signature lines in this thread's articles. SEE ALSO
News::Scan, News::Scan::Article AUTHOR
Greg Bacon <gbacon@cs.uah.edu> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997 Greg Bacon. All Rights Reserved. This library is free software. You may distribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2000-04-13 News::Scan::Thread(3pm)