Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenSolaris UFS Question
Operating Systems Solaris OpenSolaris UFS Question Post 302838037 by BrentBANKS on Sunday 28th of July 2013 06:54:13 PM
Old 07-28-2013
Heres what I got.

Code:
root@Admiral:~# fdisk -v -W - /dev/rdsk/c7d0p0 | tail -5

* Id    Act  Bhead  Bsect  Bcyl    Ehead  Esect  Ecyl    Rsect      Numsect
  99    128  0      2      0       9      34     883     1          300559    
  6     0    0      1      884     9      34     932     300560     16660

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UFS partition

Hi all, I have FreeBSD and Debian in my HD, the FreeBSD partition is very small and I'd like to change. I try to use partition magic but it does not work with UFS parition. Anyone know a good partition software? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SeVEn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris File system question ( UFS )

Hello all, I'm ufs file system, how can u use the same disk in another machine with the data in tact? to make it clear, I've an ufs FS in a mount point /file1 ( 8GB). now they decide to reintall the OS. After the reinstall, how can i get the same data as it is? will mounting the disk as /file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

3. Solaris

UFS Version

Hi, Can anyone help me. I would like to know the ufs version on solaris 7 & 8. Also i would like to know is there any command to verify it. Regards, Raja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
1 Replies

4. Solaris

UFS logging

I have a couple of servers where something weird is going on. When I run the command "mount | grep logging" I get something similair to this / on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 read/write/setuid/devices/intr/largefiles/logging/xattr/onerror=panic/dev=220000 But when I look at /etc/vfstab I dont... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
6 Replies

5. AIX

Ufs

Hi i have 2 know the full details of unix file systems. some one please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathish2win
1 Replies

6. Solaris

UFS filesystem mounted on 2 hosts question

I have two Unix (Solaris) hosts that are both attached to our SAN. They are both presented with the same luns. What I want to do is have the same UFS filesystem mounted on both hosts at the same time. What I am trying to accomplish is creating a zone that will reside on both hosts but only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beaker457
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Zones not in ufs

Hi All, I am installing Solaris Kernel Update Patch 2.1 When I am installing , An error message is saying that Non Global Zones is not mounted in ufs. I have two non global zones. When i see in the vfstab , the filesystem in vxfs. I dont know whether it will give any impact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. Solaris

UFS defragmentation

is there any other/better way to defragment the ufs slice instead of backup+restore? how to tell which slice needs defragmenting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies
cmdk(7D)							      Devices								  cmdk(7D)

NAME
cmdk - common disk driver SYNOPSIS
cmdk@target, lun : [ partition | slice ] DESCRIPTION
The cmdk device driver is a common interface to various disk devices. The driver supports magnetic fixed disks and magnetic removable disks. The block-files access the disk using the system's normal buffering mechanism and are read and written without regard to physical disk records. There is also a "raw" interface that provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A sin- gle read or write call usually results in one I/O operation; raw I/O is therefore considerably more efficient when many bytes are transmit- ted. The names of the block files are found in /dev/dsk; the names of the raw files are found in /dev/rdsk. I/O requests to the magnetic disk must have an offset and transfer length that is a multiple of 512 bytes or the driver returns an EINVAL error. Slice 0 is normally used for the root file system on a disk, slice 1 as a paging area (for example, swap), and slice 2 for backing up the entire fdisk partition for Solaris software. Other slices may be used for usr file systems or system reserved area. Fdisk partition 0 is to access the entire disk and is generally used by the fdisk(1M) program. FILES
/dev/dsk/cndn[s|p]n block device (IDE) /dev/rdsk/cndn[s|p]n raw device (IDE) where: cn controller n dn lun n (0-7) sn UNIX system slice n (0-15) pn fdisk partition(0) /kernel/drv/cmdk 32-bit kernel module. /kernel/drv/amd64/cmdk 64-bit kernel module. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fdisk(1M), mount(1M), lseek(2), read(2), write(2), readdir(3C), scsi(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 cmdk(7D)