Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenSolaris UFS Question
Operating Systems Solaris OpenSolaris UFS Question Post 302837989 by jlliagre on Sunday 28th of July 2013 11:35:52 AM
Old 07-28-2013
On what hardware did you installed System V ?
What precise release ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UFS partition

Hi all, I have FreeBSD and Debian in my HD, the FreeBSD partition is very small and I'd like to change. I try to use partition magic but it does not work with UFS parition. Anyone know a good partition software? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SeVEn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris File system question ( UFS )

Hello all, I'm ufs file system, how can u use the same disk in another machine with the data in tact? to make it clear, I've an ufs FS in a mount point /file1 ( 8GB). now they decide to reintall the OS. After the reinstall, how can i get the same data as it is? will mounting the disk as /file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

3. Solaris

UFS Version

Hi, Can anyone help me. I would like to know the ufs version on solaris 7 & 8. Also i would like to know is there any command to verify it. Regards, Raja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
1 Replies

4. Solaris

UFS logging

I have a couple of servers where something weird is going on. When I run the command "mount | grep logging" I get something similair to this / on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 read/write/setuid/devices/intr/largefiles/logging/xattr/onerror=panic/dev=220000 But when I look at /etc/vfstab I dont... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
6 Replies

5. AIX

Ufs

Hi i have 2 know the full details of unix file systems. some one please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathish2win
1 Replies

6. Solaris

UFS filesystem mounted on 2 hosts question

I have two Unix (Solaris) hosts that are both attached to our SAN. They are both presented with the same luns. What I want to do is have the same UFS filesystem mounted on both hosts at the same time. What I am trying to accomplish is creating a zone that will reside on both hosts but only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beaker457
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Zones not in ufs

Hi All, I am installing Solaris Kernel Update Patch 2.1 When I am installing , An error message is saying that Non Global Zones is not mounted in ufs. I have two non global zones. When i see in the vfstab , the filesystem in vxfs. I dont know whether it will give any impact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. Solaris

UFS defragmentation

is there any other/better way to defragment the ufs slice instead of backup+restore? how to tell which slice needs defragmenting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies
UNAME(1)							   User Commands							  UNAME(1)

NAME
uname - print system information SYNOPSIS
uname [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Print certain system information. With no OPTION, same as -s. -a, --all print all information, in the following order, except omit -p and -i if unknown: -s, --kernel-name print the kernel name -n, --nodename print the network node hostname -r, --kernel-release print the kernel release -v, --kernel-version print the kernel version -m, --machine print the machine hardware name -p, --processor print the processor type or "unknown" -i, --hardware-platform print the hardware platform or "unknown" -o, --operating-system print the operating system --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report uname translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
arch(1), uname(2) The full documentation for uname is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and uname programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'uname invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.22 June 2014 UNAME(1)