Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Configure DNS in rhel6.3
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Configure DNS in rhel6.3 Post 302837939 by Scott on Saturday 27th of July 2013 11:36:58 PM
Old 07-28-2013
It seems you want bind-chroot (of which bind is a dependency)

Code:
yum install bind-chroot

will give you both packages.

Could you please edit your post to re-copy your named.conf, using code tags... all the formatting is lost now, and it's hard to read.

You should fully qualify the paths to your zone files.

Code:
[root@ns1 etc]# nslookup imac
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

Name:   imac.scottn.int
Address: 10.16.134.200

[root@ns1 etc]# grep -A2 scottn.int named.conf
zone "scottn.int" {
        type master;
        file "/var/named/scottn.int.hosts";
        notify yes;
        };

[root@ns1 etc]# vi named.conf

[root@ns1 etc]# grep -A2 scottn.int named.conf
zone "scottn.int" {
        type master;
        file "scottn.int.hosts";
        notify yes;
        };

[root@ns1 etc]# service named restart
Stopping named:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting named:
Error in named configuration:
zone scottn.int/IN: loading from master file scottn.int.hosts failed: file not found
zone scottn.int/IN: not loaded due to errors.
_default/scottn.int/IN: file not found
                                                           [FAILED]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

trying to configure DNS address in Solaris

hi to all. I'm trying to use the sendmail command to generate some reports and I cant use it. The mails i try to send simply won't go out, instead I receive a response from the system sayng that the host is unknown. I think the problem is in the DNS configuration (or the IMAP/SMTP servers). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldrojasm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure DNS

My OS is sun solaris7,(sun sparc),i want connect inernet and my computer in my company intranet.After i configure proxy server,i still can't conncet internet.I guess whether the DNS is configured correctly. who can help me???Thank you very much!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
6 Replies

3. Solaris

configure DNS server on solaris

Hello evrybody I need to know how i can implement and configure DNS server in solaris9 and i need to understand which files i modified it to do that Thanks all (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asafwat
8 Replies

4. IP Networking

Configure DNS

I am running Solaris 2.6 Server on a Sparc 10 and I was wondering how I can manually specify a DNS server to resolve hostnames. Any help will be greatly appreciated. And also I have created a file in the /etc dir named defaultrouter and added th IP address of my router, but when I ping another... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jskillet
15 Replies

5. Red Hat

configure dns in centos

Hi, how do I set the DNS in centos. I don't mean of creating DNS server, but setting what should be the DNS server of centos. I mean to what server he should go in order to translate url into ip (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5?

I wanted to know how to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5. I hope, my query is clear of how to setup DNS for RHEL 5. Please revert with the reply to my query Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set up and configure DNS in virtualbox

hi to everyone. our instructor gave us a cd containing rhel6. where on 3rd week now and he is assgning us to configure a dns. Im using rhel 6.3(anaconda). i install bind. and says:nothing to do. when i follow step by step configuration in some website i encounter problems like i have no file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpmacaspac
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Chroot DNS RHEL6

Hi, Just installed BIND on rhel6 as a primary new DNS server and all went well, digging and resolving as it should. However, all zone files are listed in the /var/named dir as well as the /var/named/chroot/var/named. Although no dynamic links are shown, they are. This doesn't seem secure to me,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

How to configure RHEL6 to support Aleton 4408 in DSR mode?

Dears How to configure RHEL6 to support Aleton 4408 in DSR(Direct Server Return) mode We have config Aleton 4408 + Windows 2008R2 then Windows set loopback interface with VIP. the exec the following command in CMD netsh interface ipv4 set interface "net" weakhostreceive=enabled netsh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Unable to configure Photon3G in RHEL6.5

Hi All, Has Any body configured Photon3G ( ZTE MF190 ) on RHEL6.5. Any Device as below .. Bus 001 Device 033: ID 19d2:1254 ZTE WCDMA Technologies MSM Kernel -- 2.6.32-431.30.1.el6.x86_64 Usb modeswitch Version .. usb_modeswitch-data-20120815-2.el6.noarch... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
0 Replies
DROP TEXT SEARCH 
TEMPLATE(7) SQL Commands DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE(7) NAME
DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE - remove a text search template SYNOPSIS
DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE [ IF EXISTS ] name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE drops an existing text search template. You must be a superuser to use this command. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the text search template does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing text search template. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the text search template. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the text search template if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
Remove the text search template thesaurus: DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE thesaurus; This command will not succeed if there are any existing text search dictionaries that use the template. Add CASCADE to drop such dictionar- ies along with the template. COMPATIBILITY
There is no DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE [alter_text_search_template(7)], CREATE TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE [create_text_search_template(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE(7)