Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find and replace, perl code
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and replace, perl code Post 302837923 by chettyravi on Saturday 27th of July 2013 02:44:57 PM
Old 07-27-2013
Find and replace, perl code

Hi,

Can somebody tell whats wrong with "find and replace perl code".

I wanted to find "\n".write(status,data" and replace with "\n",data" in multipls files.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
my @files = <*.c>;

foreach $fileName (@files) {
  print "$fileName\n";

my $searchStr0 = '\n".write(status,data';
  my $replaceStr0 = '\n",data';

open(FILE,$fileName) || die("Cannot Open File");
  my(@fcont) = <FILE>;
  close FILE;

open(FOUT,">$fileName") || die("Cannot Open File");
  foreach $line (@fcont) {
      $line =~ s/$searchStr0/$replaceStr0/g;
        print FOUT $line;
  }
  close FOUT;
}

thx in advance

Rgds,
Ravi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace code help needed

I have a file "dbshot.xml" that contains lines that need replacing in a batch format but the parameters are based on two lines. Ex. <role roletype="01"> <status>1 needs to be changed to <role roletype="01"> <status>0 I can't use simply "<status>1" replace since the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: E Orgill
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parentheses in perl find/replace

I'm trying to use the following command to do a batch find and replace in all commonly named files through a file hierarchy find . -name 'file' |xargs perl -pi -e 's/find/replace/g' which works fine except for a substitution involving parenthesis. As a specific example I'm trying to sub... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeffish
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/replace to new file: ksh -> perl

I have korn shell script that genretaets 100 file based on template replacing the number. The template file is as below: $ cat template file number: NUMBER The shell script is as below: $ cat gen.sh #!/bin/ksh i=1; while ((i <= 100)); do sed "s/NUMBER/$i/" template > file_${i} ((... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: McLan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use sed or perl command to find and replace a directory in a file

how to use sed command to find and replace a directory i have a file.. which contains lot of paths ... for eg.. file contains.. /usr/kk/rr/12345/1 /usr/kk/rr/12345/2 /usr/kk/rr/12345/3 /usr/kk/rr/12345/4 /usr/kk/rr/12345/5 /usr/kk/rr/12345/6 /usr/kk/rr/12345/7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the count and replace the particular part of string in perl?

Hi, I am taking the current time using localtime function in perl. For example if the time is: #Using localtime $time = "12:3:10"; I have to replace the value 3 (03) i.e second position to be 03. The output should be: 12:03:10 But if the other string for example: $str:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl find and replace

Hi, Please could someone advise, how I can resolve this issue with my find and replace command : perl -i -npe "s#RLM_LICENSE.*#RLM_LICENSE=$TEAM_TOP/licenses/abc.demo.lic#;" environment.properties $TEAM_TOP is an environment varible within my system. when i run this perl command from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fettie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a find/replace perl script thats broke

Hello Folks, #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Find; open F,shift or die $!; my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>; close F; find sub{ if( -f ){ local @ARGV=($_); local $^I=""; while( <> ){ !/#/ && s/(\w+)\.fs\.rich\.us/$ip{$1}/g; print; } }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character Find and replace in Unix or Perl

Hi, I am stuck with an problem and want some help, what i want to do is There is a directory name temp which include file named t1.txt, t2,txt, t3.txt and so on. These files contains data, but there are some bad character also that is % present in the files , I want to write the script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl find & replace - what am I doing wrong?

Hi! I have a directory full of .plist type files from which I need to delete a line. Not every file contains the line, but of course I'd like to do it recursively. The line which I want to delete is: <string>com.apple.PhotoBooth</string> and looks like this in its native habitat: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and Replace String in Perl - Regexp

Trying to find and replace one string with another string in a file #!/usr/bin/perl $csd_table_path = "/file.ntab"; $find_str = '--bundle_type=021'; $repl_str = '--bundle_type=021 --target=/dev/disk1s2'; if( system("/usr/bin/perl -p -i -e 's/$find_str/$repl_str/' $csd_table_path")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
2 Replies
source(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 source(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
source - Evaluate a file or resource as a Tcl script SYNOPSIS
source fileName source -encoding encodingName fileName | _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command takes the contents of the specified file or resource and passes it to the Tcl interpreter as a text script. The return value from source is the return value of the last command executed in the script. If an error occurs in evaluating the contents of the script then the source command will return that error. If a return command is invoked from within the script then the remainder of the file will be skipped and the source command will return normally with the result from the return command. The end-of-file character for files is "32" (^Z) for all platforms. The source command will read files up to this character. This restriction does not exist for the read or gets commands, allowing for files containing code and data segments (scripted documents). If you require a "^Z" in code for string comparison, you can use "32" or "u001a", which will be safely substituted by the Tcl interpreter into "^Z". The -encoding option is used to specify the encoding of the data stored in fileName. When the -encoding option is omitted, the system | encoding is assumed. EXAMPLE
Run the script in the file foo.tcl and then the script in the file bar.tcl: source foo.tcl source bar.tcl Alternatively: foreach scriptFile {foo.tcl bar.tcl} { source $scriptFile } SEE ALSO
file(n), cd(n), encoding(n), info(n) KEYWORDS
file, script Tcl source(n)