Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Full Color Command Line Menus Post 302837867 by jtollefson on Saturday 27th of July 2013 09:03:34 AM
Old 07-27-2013
Full Color Command Line Menus

Hi all,
Did a couple of Google searchs, a couple of searchs on the site here and didn't find an answer... But, maybe I'm not searching for the right phrases.

My question; what creates the full color menus on the command line in unix?

I'm looking for something that would replicate the functionality of a CICS map. Something that would allow multiple input fields to be entered in a shell script menu.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display full unix path as part of the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Full command line sun 5.10

Hi, I am running on Sun10 platform. I am trying to retrieve the full command line for a process by running ps (/usr/bin/ps or /usr/ucb/ps). Running the "/usr/ucb/ps -agxuwwwww PID" with the user that executed the process i get the full command line. Running the same command with another user on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredy
4 Replies

3. AIX

Getting the process full command line

Hi, I am running java process that has a long command line. Is there a way to get the full command line? By running ps -ef has returns around 2000 chars By running ps eww returns around 2020 chars I am running on AIX 5.3 Thanks, Fredy (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bashrc/PS1 command color different color to command output

I have been configuring my .bashrc PS1 to be displayed with some nice colors and in a format that I like, however there is one thing that I cannot figure out (or know if it's even possible). my PS1 line is as follows: export PS1='\\u\@\\h\:\\w\n\\$ \'This makes the command and command output... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

pgrep doesn't perform full command line pattern matching

Hi! I need to get PID of some particular process and I wonder if I can use pgrep tool for this purpose. The problem is that pgrep doesn't perform pattern matching on the whole command line, even if I use -f key. Parsing output of ps command is not quite convenient... Also deamon, which PID I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color line based on first field

Hello, I have a bash script that outputs the following text to a file and then prints that file to the screen: |64 |30 |0 |8 |23:59:14 |38 |57 |2 |14 |00:09:05 |29 |50 |4 |20 |23:58:04 |20 |48 |7 |23 |00:05:44 |18 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fnj00
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies
FILECHAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       FILECHAN(8)

NAME
filechan - file-writing backend for InterNetNews SYNOPSIS
filechan [ -d directory ] [ -f fields ] [ -m mapfile ] [ -p pidfile ] DESCRIPTION
Filechan reads lines from standard input and copies certain fields in each line into files named by other fields within the line. Filechan is intended to be called by innd(8) as a channel feed. (It is not a full exploder and does not accept commands; see newsfeeds(5) for a description of the difference and buffchan(8) for an exploder program.) Filechan input is interpreted as a set of lines. Each line contains a fixed number of initial fields, followed by a variable number of filename fields. All fields in a line are separated by whitespace. The default number of initial fields is one. For each line of input, filechan writes the initial fields, separated by whitespace and followed by a newline, to each of the files named in the filename fields. When writing to a file, filechan opens it in append mode and tries to lock it and change the ownership to the user and group who owns the directory where the file is being written. OPTIONS
-f The ``-f'' flag may be used to specify a different number of fields. -d By default, filechan writes its arguments into the directory /var/spool/news/out.going. The ``-d'' flag may be used to specify a directory the program should change to before starting. -p If the ``-p'' flag is used, the program will write a line containing its process ID (in text) to the specified file. If filechan is invoked with ``-f 2'' and given the following input: news/software/b/132 <1643@munnari.oz.au> foo uunet news/software/b/133 <102060@litchi.foo.com> uunet munnari comp/sources/unix/2002 <999@news.foo.com> foo uunet munnari Then the file foo will have these lines: news/software/b/132 <1643@munnari.oz.au> comp/sources/unix/2002 <999@news.foo.com> the file munnari will have these lines: news/software/b/133 <102060@litchi.foo.com> comp/sources/unix/2002 <999@news.foo.com> and the file uunet will have these lines: news/software/b/132 <1643@munnari.oz.au> news/software/b/133 <102060@litchi.foo.com> comp/sources/unix/2002 <999@news.foo.com> Because the time window in which a file is open is very small, complicated flushing and locking protocols are not needed; a mv(1) followed by a sleep(1) for a couple of seconds is sufficient. -m A map file may be specified by using the ``-m'' flag. Blank lines and lines starting with a number sign (``#'') are ignored. All other lines should have two host names separated by a colon. The first field is the name that may appear in the input stream; the second field names the file to be used when the name in the first field appears. For example, the following map file may be used to map the short names above to the full domain names: # This is a comment uunet:news.uu.net foo:foo.com munnari:munnari.oz.au HISTORY
Written by Robert Elz <kre@munnari.oz.au>, flags added by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net>. This is revision 1.19, dated 1996/10/29. SEE ALSO
buffchan(8), innd(8), newsfeeds(5). FILECHAN(8)