Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading input from web into UNIX file Post 302837817 by gacanepa on Friday 26th of July 2013 10:20:32 PM
Old 07-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayarlaga
@RudiC
Thank you for helping me... Unfortunately, none of these commands work in my shell...

---------- Post updated at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:42 PM ----------

@All
Just trying to be more clear...
I am trying to read data into unix files from a web form once the form is submitted.
Could someone please help me out on this?

Thanks in advance,
ayarlaga
I assume you are using PHP as the server-side language, am I correct? And what do you mean by "unix files"? Plain text files?
Please provide an example of a web form that you will use and exactly what you would like to achieve.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for reading an input file

#!/bin/sh rpt="/export/home/legato/rpt_offsite"/test_eject.tape cat <$rpt while read line do echo $line perform routine done I am trying to read the contents of this file line by line and perform a routine for each line read. The file contents are numbers.. What is wrong with my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gzs553
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reading an input file in KSH

First I' d like to say you guys are awesome. :) I have a word document that I cut and paste into Textpad and it removed all the fancy formatting which is fine with me. I WinScp'd it to the box and and called it inputfile.txt. Opened it in vi and don't see any special characters or stuff that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zilla30066
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading web page source in unix

is there a command that allows you to take a url and grab the source code from the page and output it to stdout? i want to know because i want to grab a page and pass it thru another program to analyze the page. any help would be appreciated thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaymzlee
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading input from a file

I am trying to read input for a C program (that expects input from the user) from a file using the shell command: progname < filename but it seems that the program considers the char '<' as the first input, hence causing an "error" in my program. I checked it with another program and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadbar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Intermittent problem reading from an input file.

First of all thanks to all for the good post, and the great site. I'm a noob, but I've been able to learna a lot by checking past posts. I haven't been able to make sense of a problem that I've been working on for a while, hopefully someone can help me out. The script I wrote telnets into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wallygooo32
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a File and Using as an Input variable

I need to know how the the string constant from Input File should be read and provide as input data for the script . INPUT FILE CONST VARIABLE myname=/root/dir/syslog/myname1 myname=/root/dir/syslog/myname2 myname=/root/dir/syslog/myname3 urname=/root/dir/syslog/urname1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk- reading input file twice

Hello, I've been trying to come up with a solution for the following problem; I have an input file with two columns and I want to print as an output the first column without any changes but for the second column, I want to divide it by its last value. Example input: 1 9 2 10 3 11 4 12 5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: acsg
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in reading the date from the input file name

Hi, I need to read the date from the input file. The format of the input file is as follows: a_b_c_yyyymmdd.txt I need to read the date(yyyymmdd) part from the name of the input file. Would really appreciate if someone can help me in this regard Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunny_teotia
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User input while reading from a file

I am not able to capture the user input in this script(bash).There is prompt for user input.Could some one help me capture user input while reading afile? while read line do echo "$i" path1=$line path2=`echo $line|sed s/new_dir/old_dir/` echo "Do you want to replace?";... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parijat guh
4 Replies
Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)

NAME
Plack::App::CGIBin - cgi-bin replacement for Plack servers SYNOPSIS
use Plack::App::CGIBin; use Plack::Builder; my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app; builder { mount "/cgi-bin" => $app; }; # Or from the command line plackup -MPlack::App::CGIBin -e 'Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app' DESCRIPTION
Plack::App::CGIBin allows you to load CGI scripts from a directory and convert them into a PSGI application. This would give you the extreme easiness when you have bunch of old CGI scripts that is loaded using cgi-bin of Apache web server. HOW IT WORKS
This application checks if a given file path is a perl script and if so, uses CGI::Compile to compile a CGI script into a sub (like ModPerl::Registry) and then run it as a persistent application using CGI::Emulate::PSGI. If the given file is not a perl script, it executes the script just like a normal CGI script with fork & exec. This is like a normal web server mode and no performance benefit is achieved. The default mechanism to determine if a given file is a Perl script is as follows: o Check if the filename ends with ".pl". If yes, it is a Perl script. o Open the file and see if the shebang (first line of the file) contains the word "perl" (like "#!/usr/bin/perl"). If yes, it is a Perl script. You can customize this behavior by passing "exec_cb" callback, which takes a file path to its first argument. For example, if your perl-based CGI script uses lots of global variables and such and are not ready to run on a persistent environment, you can do: my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new( root => "/path/to/cgi-bin", exec_cb => sub { 1 }, )->to_app; to always force the execute option for any files. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack::App::File CGI::Emulate::PSGI CGI::Compile Plack::App::WrapCGI See also Plack::App::WrapCGI if you compile one CGI script into a PSGI application without serving CGI scripts from a directory, to remove overhead of filesystem lookups, etc. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-02 Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)