Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Implementing PowerVM without spending a single dollar Post 302837807 by dukessd on Friday 26th of July 2013 08:44:19 PM
Old 07-26-2013
1 - Yes - No - Yes, once you have 2
2 - Yes
IN SUMMARY
No.
This User Gave Thanks to dukessd For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

PowerVM Express and IVM limitations

When using PowerVM Express and IVM (no HMC) on a Power6 P520 , can I configure 2 LPARs in addition to a VIO server, or does the VIO Server count as one of the two LPAR's that PowerVM Express allows? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JodyTek
1 Replies

2. AIX

PowerVM HA questions

hi guys, i need to develop following setup for a customer: high availability oracle database on aix7 and linux in 2 different LPAR using dual ps700 blande a ds3400 and HMC. the question is, it is possible to have automatic vioc failover(aix,linux) when for example 1 vios goes down? in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gullio23
6 Replies

3. AIX

Need IBM PowerVM

Hi all please give me a link for IBM PowerVM (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
4 Replies

4. AIX

Some questions about Intellistation 285 and powervm

Some simple questions about Intellistation 285 and powervm. I want to learn AIX,so i will buy an used I285 from ebay. 1)Will support aix 7.1? 2)Is powervm avaliable?Where to download or buy it? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies

5. AIX

PowerVM/lpar creation problems

Hi, I'm a newbie to PowerVM and LPARs ( I work with VmWare and Oracle VM Server for Sparc) .recently we purchased an 8202-e4b server, with two enclosures for add'l disk capacity. it is licensed for PowerVM standard,came preloaded as such, AIX 7.1. I've set up HMC v8.2, and run it through a VM on... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: computron
30 Replies

6. AIX

PowerVM SEA etherchannel performance ?

Hello, POWER7 machine. 4 x 1Gbit port ethernet adapter is dedicated to vios. 8023ad etherchannel is created using those 4 ports. Etherchannel adapter is shared to lpars using SEA. If I test network performance directly from vios partition (using iperf) I'm geting nice 4Gbit throughput. But if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

7. AIX

Revisiting IBM PowerVM VIOS AIX

coming from this thread: https://www.unix.com/aix/211107-ibm-power-pseries-open-firmware-boot-vios-powervm-vet-code.html PowerVM, formerly known as Advanced Power Virtualization (APV), is a chargeable feature of IBM POWER5, POWER6, POWER7, POWER8, and POWER9 servers and is required for support... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

8. AIX

Powervm ivm vios

Hello, After installing on P6 which is POWERVM IVM VIOS enabled (VET CODE D21C77ACD9229817CA1F00002C10004164 ) i get this message "I/O hosting requires a hosting partition - boot not permitted". HMC was connected to the machine then HMC was removed through ASMI Searching on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux expand dollar sign in single quotes

I am trying to get a dollar sign variable to be expanded in single quotes. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried every way I can think of. for i in `cat file1` do for j in `cat file2` do ssh $i 'systemctl is-enabled "${j}" '; done done... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
ctwatch(1)							   User Commands							ctwatch(1)

NAME
ctwatch - watch events in a contract or group of contracts SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/ctwatch [-f] [-r] [-v] contract-type... | contract-id... DESCRIPTION
The ctwatch utility allows a user to observe the events occurring within a set of contracts or contract types. By default, ctwatch watches all contracts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f Report events starting at the front of the event queue. Normally, ctwatch reports only events which occur after it has been invoked. With the -f option, any events that still exist in the contracts' event queues when ctwatch is invoked (for example, unacknowledged critical events) are also reported. -r Reliably watches all messages. Normally, the system may drop informative events and acknowledged critical events at any time, so ctwatch isn't guaranteed to see them all. This option may only be used if the ctwatch is invoked with the {PRIV_CONTRACT_EVENT} privilege asserted in its effective set. -v Request verbose event descriptions. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: contract-type Valid contract types are: process Process contracts. contract-id A valid contract id. OUTPUT
The following list defines the column headings and the meanings of a ctwatch report: CTID The contract ID generating the event. EVID The event ID. CRIT Whether the event is informative, critical, or initiates an exit negotiation. Values are info, crit, or neg, respectively. ACK The event has been acknowledged. Values are yes or "no". CTTYPE The contract type. SUMMARY A type-specific summary of the event. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Watching a process contract example% ctwatch -r 1 CTID EVID CRIT ACK CTTYPE SUMMARY 1 2 crit no process pid 100569 was created 1 3 info no process pid 100569 encountered hardware error 1 4 info no process pid 100568 exited 1 5 info no process pid 100569 exited 1 6 crit no process contract empty EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. 2 Invalid arguments. FILES
/system/contract/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ Human Readable Output is Unstable. Invocation is Evolving. SEE ALSO
ctrun(1), ctstat(1), contract(4), process(4), attributes(5), privileges(5) NOTES
Ordering of events is only guaranteed within a single contract, or within a single type when a type is specified. ctwatch can only observe those events which are generated by contracts owned or authored by processes with the same effective user ID as ctwatch, unless the {PRIV_CONTRACT_OBSERVER} privilege is asserted in its effective set. SunOS 5.10 14 Jul 2004 ctwatch(1)