Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Found a Sun Ultra 10 Elite3D workstation, and it boots to a login screen. How can I reset the OS? Post 302837769 by jlliagre on Friday 26th of July 2013 04:58:06 PM
Old 07-26-2013
I wouldn't recommend installing Solaris 10 on a 440MHz/768 MB server. That would be at best a disappointing and painful experience.

You'd rather instead find a SPARC bootable CD, any release, run a shell from it then mount the internal disk and clear root and other user's password.

The textinstall-134-sparc.iso image available here or martux here should work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How I can reset Ultra 5 OpenBoot

I'm trying to configure Ultra 5 workstation to be accessed by Win HyperTerminal. I make this change on open boot : setenv input-device ttya setenv output-device ttya boot After that, I can't acess by HyperTerminal and the keyboard / monitor don't work anymore. Anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubriaco
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to reset my workstation!

I am having an error in my workstation. I want to reset it and start from scratch. I also want to add a 120 G. Drive to my workstation. I checked out a book at my local library on unix. I still can't figure out how to erase everything and install this drive,please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sotelo_27
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to backup a Sun Ultra 60 workstation?

Hi, I'm currently an CS intern working at a small biotech company that has just opened a new office. We are working on a new project, but we were given an older Sun workstation with just a SCSI interface in the back. We don't have a systems administrator, so a couple of us have been working hard... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PSC
7 Replies

4. Solaris

how to install usb stick on Ultra 5 workstation?

anyone have directions? running solaris 9 thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

5. Solaris

sun ultra or sun sparkstation

am wonder wich sun computer is better, a sun ultra or sun sparkstation, and what is the difference (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobody
7 Replies

6. Solaris

sun ultra 10 workstation

Hi All, I bought a sun workstation from ebay. Can I replace the cd-rom drive with a dvd-rom drive with any type? I mean, can I just buy a dvd-rom drive from a pc store? Thanks, itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Screen Resolution problem on Ultra 10 with Solaris 10

Hi, I have a Sun Ultra 10 (SPARC) with Solaris 10 installed. The screen resolution is very poor and grainy which I have been unable to rectify. Every time I try to set the resolution I get the following: 'The XServer does not support the XRandR extension. Runtime resolution changes to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Need Sun Ultra 20 M2 Workstation Tools and Drivers CD 1.9

content deleted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmb
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Need Sun Ultra 20 M2 Workstation Tools and Drivers CD 1.9 - another attempt

Hi! I have asked here if someone has a copy of the BIOS and driver CD for a Sun Ultra 20 M2. Unfortunately DukeNuke2 has jumped in and quickly locked the thread without engaging his brain first. (hint: this CD has been offered free for download by Sun long *before* Oracle bought them, so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmb
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

HP-UX server boots to black graphical screen

hello all, please can you help me crack this.... i have an hp-ux server which when after booting it does not completely boot to graphical. it stops aa black screen with only an hour glass showing. at this stage only the mouse responds but the keyboard does not respond. any idea to find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveGH
5 Replies
TRM(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    TRM(4)

NAME
trm -- Tekram TRM-S1040 ASIC based PCI SCSI host adapter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device scbus device trm Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): trm_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The trm driver supports PCI SCSI host adapters based on the Tekram TRM-S1040 SCSI ASIC. HARDWARE
SCSI controllers supported by the trm driver include: o Tekram DC-315 PCI Ultra SCSI adapter without BIOS and internal SCSI connector o Tekram DC-315U PCI Ultra SCSI adapter without BIOS o Tekram DC-395F PCI Ultra-Wide SCSI adapter with flash BIOS and 68-pin external SCSI connector o Tekram DC-395U PCI Ultra SCSI adapter with flash BIOS o Tekram DC-395UW PCI Ultra-Wide SCSI adapter with flash BIOS o Tekram DC-395U2W PCI Ultra2-Wide SCSI adapter with flash BIOS For the Tekram DC-310/U and DC-390F/U/UW/U2B/U2W/U3W PCI SCSI host adapters, use the sym(4) driver. SEE ALSO
cd(4), ch(4), da(4), intro(4), sa(4), scsi(4), sym(4) http://www.tekram.com/ AUTHORS
The trm driver was originally written for FreeBSD 3.0/i386 by Erich Chen of Tekram Technology, and ported to FreeBSD 5.0 by Olivier Houchard <cognet@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
December 8, 2002 BSD