Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Total CPU usage on a server
Operating Systems Solaris Total CPU usage on a server Post 302837593 by Skrynesaver on Friday 26th of July 2013 06:41:22 AM
Old 07-26-2013
prstat is Solaris' top equivalent.

However for total CPU usage, try iostat -c
This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How check the overall CPU usage of the unix server

Hi All, Can anyone help me.. I want to know the command to check the overall CPU usage of the server. Note: I don't want the CPU usge of each and every process. I just want to know thw aggregate CPU utilization of the server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selva_Kumar
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

How do we extract CPU usage in server?

We are using linux OS. I want to extract the CPU usage on specific time for last one week. The information i need is, date, CPU, %user , %nice , %system , %iowait, %idle Is there anyway, i can pull these info... Any help is highly appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total Percentage CPU usage

Hi, How can I find total CPU usage in percentage? e.g. if my system has 8 CPUs and I want to list total usage for all of them, is it possible through a command? I have tried some of the commands like top, mpstat, sar. The output of those commands has to be manipulated to derive the percentage... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jal_capri
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HOWTO - Total memory and CPU usage ... without top?

Hi all, Is it possible to get total memory usage and free memory usage without top? By Googling I found for total memory usage, use vmstat, for CPU, use mpstat, for disk I/O use iostat, is this correct? Will using sar gives the same result as ALL of these three (3) commands? What about if I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total cpu usage in percent(%)

How to determine the total percentage cpu usage of a server having 4 cpu cores(quad core)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is total CPU usage for sar %user+%system+%iowait?

Hi all Can anyone advise/confirm whether total CPU usage when running sar is %user+%system+%iowait or is it %user+%system only? I want to confirm whether I am having a CPU-bound problem or not. This is a single-CPU VMware machine. $ sar 5 20 Linux 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

9. Linux

How to calculate total CPU usage from SAR report?

Hi, I want to calculate the total cpu usage from the sar report. Say for example, Linux 2.6.24-21-generic (blade10) 09/10/2012 04:54:36 PM CPU %user %nice %system %iowait %steal %idle 04:54:37 PM all 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohitmd
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cpu usage of UNIX server

I want to know the total cpu usage(in %ge)of unix server like windows (NOTE :-not each process cpu usage) Its urgent...plzzzz help me.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit kataria
1 Replies