Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Implementing PowerVM without spending a single dollar Post 302837525 by zaxxon on Friday 26th of July 2013 03:39:06 AM
Old 07-26-2013
For using PowerVM, ie. create LPARs and setup VIO server, you need the PowerVM license. You can check your activated licenses in the ASMI. There is no way around.
I have a 9131-52A with 1 CPU and the license alone cost me about 400€.
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

PowerVM Express and IVM limitations

When using PowerVM Express and IVM (no HMC) on a Power6 P520 , can I configure 2 LPARs in addition to a VIO server, or does the VIO Server count as one of the two LPAR's that PowerVM Express allows? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JodyTek
1 Replies

2. AIX

PowerVM HA questions

hi guys, i need to develop following setup for a customer: high availability oracle database on aix7 and linux in 2 different LPAR using dual ps700 blande a ds3400 and HMC. the question is, it is possible to have automatic vioc failover(aix,linux) when for example 1 vios goes down? in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gullio23
6 Replies

3. AIX

Need IBM PowerVM

Hi all please give me a link for IBM PowerVM (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
4 Replies

4. AIX

Some questions about Intellistation 285 and powervm

Some simple questions about Intellistation 285 and powervm. I want to learn AIX,so i will buy an used I285 from ebay. 1)Will support aix 7.1? 2)Is powervm avaliable?Where to download or buy it? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies

5. AIX

PowerVM/lpar creation problems

Hi, I'm a newbie to PowerVM and LPARs ( I work with VmWare and Oracle VM Server for Sparc) .recently we purchased an 8202-e4b server, with two enclosures for add'l disk capacity. it is licensed for PowerVM standard,came preloaded as such, AIX 7.1. I've set up HMC v8.2, and run it through a VM on... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: computron
30 Replies

6. AIX

PowerVM SEA etherchannel performance ?

Hello, POWER7 machine. 4 x 1Gbit port ethernet adapter is dedicated to vios. 8023ad etherchannel is created using those 4 ports. Etherchannel adapter is shared to lpars using SEA. If I test network performance directly from vios partition (using iperf) I'm geting nice 4Gbit throughput. But if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

7. AIX

Revisiting IBM PowerVM VIOS AIX

coming from this thread: https://www.unix.com/aix/211107-ibm-power-pseries-open-firmware-boot-vios-powervm-vet-code.html PowerVM, formerly known as Advanced Power Virtualization (APV), is a chargeable feature of IBM POWER5, POWER6, POWER7, POWER8, and POWER9 servers and is required for support... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

8. AIX

Powervm ivm vios

Hello, After installing on P6 which is POWERVM IVM VIOS enabled (VET CODE D21C77ACD9229817CA1F00002C10004164 ) i get this message "I/O hosting requires a hosting partition - boot not permitted". HMC was connected to the machine then HMC was removed through ASMI Searching on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux expand dollar sign in single quotes

I am trying to get a dollar sign variable to be expanded in single quotes. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried every way I can think of. for i in `cat file1` do for j in `cat file2` do ssh $i 'systemctl is-enabled "${j}" '; done done... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
LIBLICENSE(1)							  [FIXME: manual]						     LIBLICENSE(1)

NAME
license - program to specify and modify media file licenses SYNOPSIS
license [filename] DESCRIPTION
The liblicense package provides a license command to allow simple command-line examination and manipulation of license information embedded in media files. The default action is to show the default license as configured in $HOME/.license. This default can be offered by applications that use liblicense when asking you what license you would like to release your work under. In addition to showing you and allowing you to change the embedded license in a file, the license also can show and allow you to change the embedded "web statement URI", a link to a web page with information about the file that you can use to verify the embedded license. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, run the application with --help. -h --help Show summary of options. -v --verbose Output more information about the actions of the program. -q --quiet Output less information about the actions of the program. -a JURISDICTION --list=JURISDICTION List all avialbale licenses in JURISDICTION (uses the generic jurisdiction if JURISDICTION is not specified). --set-license Sets the license of the file (to the license specified by "-l"). --remove-license Removes the embedded license metadata from the file. -l URI --license=URI When setting the license of a file or the default license preference, set it to URI. --set-web-statement Sets the web statement link in the file (to the value specified by "-w"). --remove-web-statement Removes the embedded web statement metadata from the file. -w URI --web-statement=URI When setting the web statement URI in a file, set it to URI. -u MODULE --use=MODULE Use the module called MODULE to interact with a file. -m List the available modules and their capabilities. Modules are used to handle different media types. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Asheesh Laroia asheesh@asheesh.org. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, Version 2.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU Lesser General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Asheesh Laroia [FIXME: source] June 4, 2008 LIBLICENSE(1)