Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Emacs removing margins when in X Post 302837503 by demoreal on Friday 26th of July 2013 02:24:59 AM
Old 07-26-2013
border

I tried opening emacs with the border options set to zero and nothing changed. I then tested by setting to 20 and the two bars moved inward a centimeter or so.
I tried looking up a bunch of different key words like fringe, margins scroll bars...
I am using a tiling window manager and a triangle will not go
away on the bottom right of the screen, I read somewhere that GTK shows the resize handle and it can't be disabled.
It gave 'possible' instructions on how to disable it.
It did not work on my machine. I need to recompile without the gtk tool kit.
I will try again later and repost here when I figure it out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to learn emacs?

I have been teaching myself unix a little here and a little there. I would like to learn emacs, or an editor that I would get the most use out of. What is the most used editor in unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macnix
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp in Emacs

Hi How can I do ftp using emacs. I strart the function by M-x ftp. It connects to the server where I can see the list of files. how can I do put or get there? Thanks SS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurya_s
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xemacs and emacs

Hi guys What is the difference between Xemacs and emacs. I assumed Xemacs runs only in X11. What about in Linux on KDE? Am I running Xemacs or emacs. Well it says emacs though. What is the advantage of one over other? What can I run on OS X ? SS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurya_s
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on EMACS

Any one has a good documentation on How To Use EMACs editor?? Thanks Ven :eek: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VENC22
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accent in emacs

Hello, I try to insert charcheters with accent with emacs. It doesn't work. How can I do ? Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annemar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emacs

could someone please tell me how do I work emacs on unix?? how do you input the command and open up files and edit stuff. I know M-x info will lauch the info viewer, C-x u is undo, M-x spell-region run a spell check but when i use some of these command on emacs in Unix, I'm getting no results or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starwind4
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to compile in Emacs

I'm trying to compile two files in Emacs (guess.cpp and yesno.cpp). So I open up Emacs (the text version) and give the command M-x and then I try to type in "g++ -o asst guess.cpp yesno.cpp". But everytime after I type "g++" and try to do a space after that, it says and wont let me type a space? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackvelvet
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting Printer margins

Hi, I have Aix 6.1. Installed the Ricoh Unix print filter, to allow us to print to a Ricoh 5001. So I send text documents to the printer using the qprt command and set the print job finishing options using the Ricoh commands passed using -o options. Eg. qprt -Pfin200 -o collate=on -o text... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: max5000
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use emacs? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and a beginner in unix. Please correct me if I put the question in a wrong way.. How to use emacs editor? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format? I have the following link :- http link i.e. url and path : /abc/xyz.dev/xyz/documents What... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies
DXmCreateScrolledCSText(3X)											       DXmCreateScrolledCSText(3X)

NAME
DXmCreateScrolledCSText - Creates a compound string text widget with scroll bars. SYNOPSIS
Widget DXmCreateScrolledCSText( Widget parent, char *name, Args *args, Cardinal num_args ); PARAMETERS
The identifier (widget ID) of the parent widget. The name of the created widget. The application override argument list. The number of arguments in the application override argument list. DESCRIPTION
The DXmCreateScrolledCSText routine creates a compound string text widget with scroll bars. The routine uses the same arguments and resources as the DXmCreateCSText routine to create a compound string text widget but uses the following resources to create horizontal and vertical scroll bars for the widget as well: ------------------------------------------------------------------- Resource Description ------------------------------------------------------------------- XmNscrollHorizontal Controls whether a scroll bar that allows the user to scroll through text horizontally is added to the compound string text window. XmNscrollTopSide Controls whether the horizontal scroll bar is positioned at the top of the compound string text window. XmNscrollVertical Controls whether a scroll bar that allows the user to scroll through text vertically is added to the compound string text window. XmNscrollLeftSide Controls whether the vertical scroll bar is placed on the left side of the compound string text window. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Inherited Resources The DXmCreateScrolledCSText routine inherits behaviour and resources from the following superclasses: Core Resource Set XmPrimitive Resource Set DXmScrolledCSText Resource Set RETURN VALUES
The identifier (widget ID) of the created compound string text widget. SEE ALSO
DXmCreateCSText(3X) DXmCreateScrolledCSText(3X)