Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Poll of sorts - on LDAP
Operating Systems AIX Poll of sorts - on LDAP Post 302837385 by ross.mather on Thursday 25th of July 2013 03:58:01 PM
Old 07-25-2013
I've used IDS in the past but found it rather cumbersome and massively over the top for what I needed. End customer found maintaining it rath a chore as well, and are looking for a simpler option.

Other customers have used AD but the required schema change puts many AD administrators off.

Cheers
Ross

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

select vs poll

Hi, Off late I had been looking at the differences b/w select() & poll() system calls. The requirement is to reduce the overhead, processor power in waiting for the data. In the kind of connections under consideration there would be very frequent data arriving on the sockets, so poll() fares... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: smanu
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a script which sorts a file

I have a file below which has a list of users and roles with each row having unique combination of users and roles. USER1 ROLE1 USER1 ROLE2 USER2 USER3 ROLE1 USER3 ROLE2 USER3 ROLE3 USER4 ROLE2 .... .... I am trying to create a script which sorts the above file to have all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to poll for new files?

Hi , i have a requirement in which i have to ftp files to unix from windows and vice versa. I have to encrypt files in windows which will then be decrypted in unix and vice versa. Now the process needs to be automated ..therefore when windows server or unix server recieves the files a shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifzgud
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that sorts and show only unique IP

Hi, I have this data: Jun 16 88.191.117.191 = 100 Jun 16 88.191.117.191 = 70 Jun 16 88.191.117.191 = 30 Jun 16 200.242.67.142 = 65 Jun 16 125.77.107.212 = 40 Jun 16 125.77.107.212 = 60 And I want to have the ff ouput: Jun 16 88.191.117.191 = 200 Jun 16 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use poll() for I/O multiplex

Hi, guys: I want to write my own shell using C. I am confused about the usage of I/O multiplex. Does anyone know some examples or explain it to me ? Thanks so much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomlee
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

something like LDAP Administrator 2011.1 "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI

Hi I am searching a tool like "LDAP Administrator 2011.1"/ "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI. Wish to use LDAP-SQL in scripts (non Windows GUI environment) http://ldapadministrator.com/resources/english/2011.1/images/sqlquery_large.png Softerra LDAP Administrator 2011.1 - What's New OS is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
Net::LDAP::FilterMatch(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Net::LDAP::FilterMatch(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::FilterMatch - LDAP entry matching SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP::Entry; use Net::LDAP::Filter; use Net::LDAP::FilterMatch; my $entry = new Net::LDAP::Entry; $entry->dn("cn=dummy entry"); $entry->add ( 'cn' => 'dummy entry', 'street' => [ '1 some road','nowhere' ] ); my @filters = (qw/(cn=dummy*) (ou=*) (&(cn=dummy*)(street=*road)) (&(cn=dummy*)(!(street=nowhere)))/); for (@filters) { my $filter = Net::LDAP::Filter->new($_); print $_,' : ', $filter->match($entry) ? 'match' : 'no match' ," "; } ABSTRACT
This extension of the class Net::LDAP::Filter provides entry matching functionality on the Perl side. Given an entry it will tell whether the entry matches the filter object. It can be used on its own or as part of a Net::LDAP::Server based LDAP server. METHOD
match ( ENTRY [ ,SCHEMA ] ) Return whether ENTRY matches the filter object. If a schema object is provided, the selection of matching algorithms will be derived from schema. In case of error undef is returned. For approximate matching like (cn~=Schmidt) there are several modules that can be used. By default the following modules will be tried in this order: String::Approx Text::Metaphone Text::Soundex If none of these modules is found it will fall back on a simple regexp algorithm. If you want to specifically use one implementation only, simply do use Net::LDAP::FilterMatch qw(Text::Soundex); SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP::Filter COPYRIGHT
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHORS
Hans Klunder <hans.klunder@bigfoot.com> Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de> perl v5.16.2 2012-09-20 Net::LDAP::FilterMatch(3)