Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking No reply to NDP request from Linux host Post 302837379 by PatShoo on Thursday 25th of July 2013 03:53:23 PM
Old 07-25-2013
Hi, I am working on this issue as well with SavLou,

Iptables and ip6tables are usually used on Busybox for firewall rules, but they are not even installed / running on the hosts.
So no, no firewall logs…

The ICMPv6 NDP "neighbor solicitation" (type 135) is properly sent from host A as monitored on host C, but device B never gets any packet. All are connected on an IPv6 capable switch.

It is as if device B does not receive IPv6 multicast packets.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Request:- Could some do a poll of Linux version usage?

I don't know nearly enough about what versions of Open/Free Linux are available. I was wondering if someone would create a new poll of all the major recent(ish) distros so we can see the percentage of people's preferred distro? I've only ever used Suse and have been very happy with it, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Http request in Linux

Hi, i need a guide how to write a script which i can do a http request. Let say the request look like below; http://www.test.com?txid=1&type=service&server=linux I have a list of "txid" (in *.txt) and need to run all "txid" acordingly. So that mean, every transaction i have to refer "txid"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaysoul
7 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to send non get request from linux server

Hi I want to send non get request for HTTP from linux server. Please let me knwo how to do that Thanks Lakshmikant (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmikant
0 Replies

4. Linux

Request for linux cbt by dean devis

Hi All, If anybody having linux cbt by dean devis then please send me link. Thanks, Anand (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ANAND KURADE
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to ftp in to linux then pass reply

Hello, I have an ftp loop script which I was going to use to login to various Linux systems but as It's my first connection I'm being prompted to add it to the known_hosts. Can this script be modified to reply 'yes' before passing the user/pass ? usname="someuser" pass="somepass" while read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

6. Linux

Lpstat: Bad Request Error in Linux

Dear Team, Earlier my lpstat syntax is working on o/s, I have installed cups "cups-1.6.1" after that I'm not able to open the printer option in GUI and cannot do the query "lpstat -a" Below is the error i'm getting..Request you to advice me the best to me. # lpstat lpstat: Bad Request ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Faiz
3 Replies
FAITH(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  FAITH(4)

NAME
faith -- IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay capturing interface SYNOPSIS
device faith DESCRIPTION
The faith interface captures IPv6 TCP traffic, for implementing userland IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay like faithd(8). Each faith interface is created at runtime using interface cloning. This is most easily done with the ifconfig(8) create command or using the cloned_interfaces variable in rc.conf(5). Special action will be taken when IPv6 TCP traffic is seen on a router, and the routing table suggests to route it to the faith interface. In this case, the packet will be accepted by the router, regardless of the list of IPv6 interface addresses assigned to the router. The packet will be captured by an IPv6 TCP socket, if it has the IN6P_FAITH flag turned on and matching address/port pairs. As a result, faith will let you capture IPv6 TCP traffic to some specific destination addresses. Userland programs, such as faithd(8) can use this behavior to relay IPv6 TCP traffic to IPv4 TCP traffic. The program can accept some specific IPv6 TCP traffic, perform getsockname(2) to get the IPv6 destination address specified by the client, and perform application-specific address mapping to relay IPv6 TCP to IPv4 TCP. The IN6P_FAITH flag on a IPv6 TCP socket can be set by using setsockopt(2), with level IPPROTO_IPV6 and optname IPv6_FAITH. To handle error reports by ICMPv6, some ICMPv6 packets routed to an faith interface will be delivered to IPv6 TCP, as well. To understand how faith can be used, take a look at the source code of faithd(8). As the faith interface implements potentially dangerous operations, great care must be taken when configuring it. To avoid possible misuse, the sysctl(8) variable net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith must be set to 1 prior to using the interface. When net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith is 0, no packets will be captured by the faith interface. The faith interface is intended to be used on routers, not on hosts. SEE ALSO
inet(4), inet6(4), faithd(8) Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino and Kazu Yamamoto, An IPv6-to-IPv4 transport relay translator, RFC3142. HISTORY
The FAITH IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay translator first appeared in the WIDE hydrangea IPv6 stack. BSD
April 10, 1999 BSD