Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking No reply to NDP request from Linux host Post 302837343 by DGPickett on Thursday 25th of July 2013 03:00:25 PM
Old 07-25-2013
Nothing in firewall logs?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Request:- Could some do a poll of Linux version usage?

I don't know nearly enough about what versions of Open/Free Linux are available. I was wondering if someone would create a new poll of all the major recent(ish) distros so we can see the percentage of people's preferred distro? I've only ever used Suse and have been very happy with it, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Http request in Linux

Hi, i need a guide how to write a script which i can do a http request. Let say the request look like below; http://www.test.com?txid=1&type=service&server=linux I have a list of "txid" (in *.txt) and need to run all "txid" acordingly. So that mean, every transaction i have to refer "txid"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaysoul
7 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to send non get request from linux server

Hi I want to send non get request for HTTP from linux server. Please let me knwo how to do that Thanks Lakshmikant (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmikant
0 Replies

4. Linux

Request for linux cbt by dean devis

Hi All, If anybody having linux cbt by dean devis then please send me link. Thanks, Anand (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ANAND KURADE
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to ftp in to linux then pass reply

Hello, I have an ftp loop script which I was going to use to login to various Linux systems but as It's my first connection I'm being prompted to add it to the known_hosts. Can this script be modified to reply 'yes' before passing the user/pass ? usname="someuser" pass="somepass" while read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

6. Linux

Lpstat: Bad Request Error in Linux

Dear Team, Earlier my lpstat syntax is working on o/s, I have installed cups "cups-1.6.1" after that I'm not able to open the printer option in GUI and cannot do the query "lpstat -a" Below is the error i'm getting..Request you to advice me the best to me. # lpstat lpstat: Bad Request ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Faiz
3 Replies
ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)												 ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)

NAME
arno-iptables-firewall - Single- & multi-homed firewall script with DSL/ADSL support. SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/arno-iptables-firewall [start|stop|status|force-reload|restart] DESCRIPTION
arno-iptables-firewall is an iptables configuration script with support for both IPv4 & IPv6. While it is extremely easy to use one can nevertheless use it in quite complicated environments. All available options are explained in the extensively documented configuration file. The external interface of the system needs to be set up properly in the firewalls configuration file (EXT_IF). The default behavior of the firewall is to deny all incoming connections. For additional requirements not covered by the configuration file custom iptables rules can be placed in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/cus- tom-rules. This file is automatically parsed by the service script. See the README file (eg. in /usr/(local/)share/doc/arno-iptables-firewall) for an example how to manage logging of firewall events through syslogd. The arno-fwfilter script can be used to make the firewall logs more readable for humans (see manpage). Several plugins for the firewall script are available online. Plugins can be downloaded from http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ Please see the README file for more information. FILES
/etc/init.d/arno-iptables-firewall system service script /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/firewall.conf firewall configuration /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/conf.d/ firewall configuration directory /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/custom-rules custom iptables rules /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/blocked-hosts host blacklist /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/mac-addresses mac filter list Please note, that the last two files do exist in the initial configuration and their use is disabled in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/fire- wall.conf SEE ALSO
iptables(8), arno-fwfilter(1), syslog.conf(5) The http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ web site. AUTHOR
arno-iptables-firewall was written by Arno van Amersfoort <arnova@rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl>. This manual page was written by Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Michael Hanke March 14, 2012 ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)