Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cut parameterized command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut parameterized command Post 302837325 by Corona688 on Thursday 25th of July 2013 01:49:03 PM
Old 07-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vital_parsley
how do I parametrize it ?
Code:
${ARR[$N]}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut command

Hello, The below cut command will cut first 1 to 10 characters and also from 20th position to 25th position. cut -c1-10,20-25 tst.txt It works great. Is it possible to put some characters after each field. I want to have something like this 1234567890|ABCDEF I want to put some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using CUT Command

cut -d',' -f1 file | sort | uniq -c Im trying to execute the above script. For First time: the output is: 1 80 50 100 200 abcd 333 fds but for the second time it displays all the rows, Can anyone help me why it is happening, I want to get the exact... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cut command

Gurus, I need help with the cut command : I have a file with garbage charaters at the beginning of each record; but these characters are not of the same length; First record has 3 garbage chars to be removed; rest have 2; If the length was consistent across all the records, I could have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tru_tell
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command Help Please

Hey Guys, I'm trying to use the cut command to do the following: "AuctionID","UserID","BidderRating","Bid","BidDateTime" 1070387924,"rmichaelll",46,407.00,2/12/2002 14:07:44 1070387924,"decocloxcolektor",155,402.00,2/12/2002 14:07:28 1070387924,"markartz",6,350.00,2/12/2002 11:11:52... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gboy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameterized ed command

Hi!, i have a problem when i trying to replace, in this script, the number five with a variable. ed file <<< $'1,5d\nw' i need something like that ed file <<< $'1,${VAR}d\nw' I believe that ' can not be replaced with " in this sentence, because i tried it and throws "?" (an error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acctoujours
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut pid from ps using cut command

hay i am trying to get JUST the PID from the ps command. my command line is: ps -ef | grep "mintty" | cut -d' ' -f2 but i get an empty line. i assume that the delimiter is not just one space character, but can't figure out what should i do in order to do that. i know i can use awk or cut... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran ber
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut command help

I have file like this ... $ cat /etc/sysconfig/clock ZONE="US/Arizona" UTC=true ARC=false I want to get value of ZONE into variable and I am writing like this .. d_var=`cat /etc/sysconfig/clock | grep ZONE | cut -f2 -d=` I want to remove " " around the value . How to include... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)