Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing SAS multi line comments in UNIX Post 302837187 by saaisiva on Thursday 25th of July 2013 10:01:03 AM
Old 07-25-2013
Hi Subbeh,

I am not getting the output when i run it in bash. it is blank

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing comments from file

I'm doing manual way to add and remove "#" on etc/services. Is there anyway I can modify the file using awk or sed or any other program. I use vi to modify /etc/services for enabling telnet , the problem is I don't know how to do it automatically in script. production state: #telnet ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Multiple Line comments

:) Hi all, I would like to remove all multiple line comments, in between the pattern /*.....*/ from my file. The comments can be expected to be at any place in my file, like this: /*.... This multi line comment might stretch even the entire file..! ......*/ Some text Text1 /* Comment... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackuar
25 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line filtering based on multi-line pattern in a file

I have a file with data records separated by multiple equals signs, as below. ========== RECORD 1 ========== RECORD 2 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 3 ========== RECORD 4 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 5 DATA LINE ========== I need to filter out all data from this file where the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Finja
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove SAS comments using UNIX

I have tried a lot, Need your help guys. SAS Program: data one ; /* Data step */ Input name $; /*Dec variables*/ I want to remove the commented part(/* Data step */) alone. I have tried using sed command but it is deleting the entire line itself. i need unix command to separate this and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing the sas comment line using UNIX

I have tried a lot, Need your help guys. SAS Program: data one ; /* Data step */ Input name $; /*Dec variables*/ I want to remove the commented part(/* Data step */) alone. I have tried using sed command but it is deleting the entire line itself. i need unix command to separate this and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove multi line and single line comments

Hi, I am trying to remove multi line and single line comments like examples below I have tried this pattern. it works fine for single line comments and multi line comments in a single line only. but this fails when the comments are extended in multiple lines as shown in the comment 2 of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing ^M from last line alone of a UNIX File

Hi All, I am copying a file from windows to UNIX. After that copying it have the ctrl+M character in the file at the line break. But the file contains the data that also have ctrl+M. I want to re move the ctrl+M at the end of the line alone. My file structure is XML and last line doesnt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agantrope
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Multi Line SQL in UNIX

Hello, Currently, I am reading few queries from the below .sql file --SOURCE TABLE NAME --SOURCE QUERY SEL COL1, COL2, COL3, COL4, COL5, COL6, COL7 WHERE COL5 = '2015-11-04 16:24:00.000000' FROM SOURCE TABLE; --TARGET TABLE NAME --TARGET QUERY SEL COLUMN1, COLUMN2, COLUMN3, COLUMN4,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slack message multi line from UNIX script

Hi OS: Redhat Version 7.5 Enterprise Trying to post message from shell script to Slack channel and trying below code: text="$msg" text1="$lmsg" if ] then echo "No text specified" exit 1 fi escapedText=$(echo $text | $text1 | sed 's/"/\"/g' | sed "s/'/\'/g" )... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
13 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(3tcl)					 Terminal control				      term::ansi::ctrl::unix(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(3tcl)