Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modifying output column
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying output column Post 302837069 by Jotne on Thursday 25th of July 2013 05:25:16 AM
Old 07-25-2013
Code:
printf " %.5sA",num

This prints the num ($2 or $3) with a formatting telling it to only print the 5 first characters. This strips away the last character A-J, so we can then replace it with in as this example A
Code:
pin20D	pin20	pin20A
	%.5s	A

This User Gave Thanks to Jotne For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the final output file

Hey all, I am haivng n number of files all of them are of the same format but different details. i.e File1 is having the folloeing details: "Account1",123 "Account2",10 "Account3",12355 "Accountn",555 File2 is having the folloeing details: "Account1",1234 "Account2",100... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: charbel
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sub. numbers in column of output with If

This is my script. I am pulling the status of some hard where, but the status is in numerical form. The number 4 means Major and the 5 means Critical. In my script I would like to show the alarm type in aplha rather than numeric form. So if instead of seeing a 4 or 5 you would see MAjor or... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ja156194
11 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Loop column output

I need help in what to do with a bash script? I'm trying to run a command to output the data from a table and then insert it into commands. Looping for each row of data. For example the output data from a table: 10 John house 20 Jane apt 30 Joe townhomeThen I need to take the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handband2
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

4 column tsv file, output 1 specific column

Hello all siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com can output results in tsv format, when opened in excel I get 4 columns. I would like to wget that file, which I can do. I would then like to pull the 2nd column and output it only. I've searched around and found a few bits and pieces but nothing I've... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: casphar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting the column header in the output !

i have a script that access the database and then returns some row. but in the command prompt it it not showing the column header. how to get that ? below the script: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ #!/bin/ksh .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

top output for six processes with the same name, output changed from column to row

Hi, I have a system under test, and I use a script that does a ps. The output, is in the following format, it's basically the timestamp, followed by the rss and vsize. 09:03:57 68404 183656 68312 181944 69860 217360 67536 182564 69072 183172 69032 199276 09:04:27 68752 183292 70000 189020... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloke
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting line output to column based output

Hi Guys, I am trying to convert a file which has a row based output to a column based output. My original file looks like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 1 2 3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column to row output

Hello All, i have a file with the contents like shown below Name = POLICY1 Selected = 1 Written = 0 Name = POLICY2 Selected = 6 Written = 8 Name = POLICY3 Selected = 4 Written = 26 I want the output to be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinredmac
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column output

awk -v OFS="\t" -v ORS="\r\n" 'NR==FNR{A=$4; next} A {$4=$4 " " A}1' refseq_genes.txt LCH_exons.txt > output2.txt Trying to output the data to separate columns in excel, but the 4th column seems to be merged together. This is more of just a learning question. Thank you :). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append the output in a new column?

input1 john 20 bob 30 input2 john 60 bob 100 cat input1 >> output cat input2 >> output ouput john 20 bob 30 john 60 bob 100 desired output input1 input1 input2 input2 john 20 john 60 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
3 Replies
ZGELS(l)								 )								  ZGELS(l)

NAME
ZGELS - solve overdetermined or underdetermined complex linear systems involving an M-by-N matrix A, or its conjugate-transpose, using a QR or LQ factorization of A SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE ZGELS( TRANS, M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, WORK, LWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER TRANS INTEGER INFO, LDA, LDB, LWORK, M, N, NRHS COMPLEX*16 A( LDA, * ), B( LDB, * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
ZGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined complex linear systems involving an M-by-N matrix A, or its conjugate-transpose, using a QR or LQ factorization of A. It is assumed that A has full rank. The following options are provided: 1. If TRANS = 'N' and m >= n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A*X ||. 2. If TRANS = 'N' and m < n: find the minimum norm solution of an underdetermined system A * X = B. 3. If TRANS = 'C' and m >= n: find the minimum norm solution of an undetermined system A**H * X = B. 4. If TRANS = 'C' and m < n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A**H * X ||. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. ARGUMENTS
TRANS (input) CHARACTER = 'N': the linear system involves A; = 'C': the linear system involves A**H. M (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. A (input/output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. if M >= N, A is overwritten by details of its QR factorization as returned by ZGEQRF; if M < N, A is overwritten by details of its LQ factorization as returned by ZGELQF. LDA (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B (input/output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the matrix B of right hand side vectors, stored columnwise; B is M-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'N', or N-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'C'. On exit, B is overwritten by the solution vectors, stored columnwise: if TRANS = 'N' and m >= n, rows 1 to n of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements N+1 to M in that column; if TRANS = 'N' and m < n, rows 1 to N of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'C' and m >= n, rows 1 to M of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'C' and m < n, rows 1 to M of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements M+1 to N in that column. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= MAX(1,M,N). WORK (workspace/output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LWORK) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. LWORK (input) INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS ) ). For optimal performance, LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS )*NB ). where MN = min(M,N) and NB is the optimum block size. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the WORK array, returns this value as the first entry of the WORK array, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 ZGELS(l)