Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Snake and ladder game
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Snake and ladder game Post 302836827 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 24th of July 2013 06:32:26 PM
Old 07-24-2013
I'd be inclined to use named pipes for this problem.

Use one NP for the game to receive commands from players and one for each player so they can receive game state.

Players would have to create a NP and pass it's path to the game using the game NP as they join.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Game: Name this person

Simple rules... 1. Guess who it is, the first person to get it posts the next picture, post your guess as a reply to this thread. 2. Wait for the person who posted the picture to confirm that you are correct before posting a new picture. 3. If the person who posted the picture does not answer... (268 Replies)
Discussion started by: reborg
268 Replies

2. Programming

Tetris Game in C++

Open Source Project: https://github.com/yongye/cpp Ported from the shell: Shell (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: complex.invoke
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Snake game challenge in UNIX

Hey Guys, I have made this basic snake game but it a little bit different from conventional snake game. Learned some basics of Unix. Hope you enjoy playing it. Please download and run on your machine and suggest any changes i can make. and let me know if someone could score 1000 points ;) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit14august
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Word ladder Problem

Perl - Script Rules In a Word Ladder: Players get a starting word and an ending word Starting and ending words must be the same length (PIG and HOG, or CAT and DOG) Players change one letter at a time, attempting to move from the starting word to the ending word Each intermediate step... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies