Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deleting file named *
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting file named * Post 302836577 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 24th of July 2013 11:18:05 AM
Old 07-24-2013
Escape the character to prevent shell interpolation
Code:
rm \*

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to delete a file named -e

I've been trying in vain to delete a file that I accidentally created. The name of the file is -e of course, everything I attempt to do with the rm command (rm -i * for example) comes back with: rm: illegal option -- e usage: rm file ... Any suggestions on what I can do to remove this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steelrose
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named Pipe contents to a file

I want to copy the contents of a named pipe to a file. I have tried using: cat pipe.p >> transcript.log but I have been unsuccessful, any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl_vieyra
4 Replies

3. Solaris

BIND 9 ---> no /etc/named.conf file after installation

Hi I installed BIND 9 from dvd image of my Solaris 10 (SUNWbind, SUNWbindr) and when I try to start it(svcadm enable network/dns/server), it says there is no /etc/named.conf file. Why is it so ? Should not this file be created during installation phase ? Do I have to create it manually ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe to file named with date

I would like to pipe (redirect ? - what is the right term?) the output of my script to a file named with the current date. If I run this at a command prompt: date +'%Y%m%d" ...it returns "20110429" OK, that's good... so I try: ./script.sh > "'date +%Y%m%d'.csv" I get a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landog
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Named.conf file missing Centos 5.

hello everyone, I have install centos 5 recently.The file /etc/named.conf not found. I have installed BIND using yum. so now what to do ?? should i create named.conf file manually ??? please help me. thanks, sharlin. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharlin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant able to delete file named '\'

Hi folks Please help to delete the file -rw-r--r-- 1 sri sri 157 Dec 13 04:42 \ here unexpectedly "\" is created. if am deleting using > rm \ --i cant able to delete by using the command ******* here is the output i got **** sri:> cat \ > please help me how to delete ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing a file list via named pipe

I have a ksh93 script I use that processes a file list in the order that they exist in the list. I would like to speed up processing of the list by having multiple processes handle it at once. I was thinking that perhaps a good way to handle this would be to write the list to a named pipe and some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benalt
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Remove oddly named file

I accidentally saved a txt file in vi with the name ":q!". no amount of regex tomfoolery I can think of will allow me to remove the file. anyone got any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to test named pipe file?

Hi ALL, How can I test a given file name exists and if it is a named pipe file in shell script ? Thanks............ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mycode.in
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows batch command for deleting particular pattern named folders in temp

Hi All,' I need to write a windows bat program to delete particular folders with naming pattern scoped_dir45666 (for example)(including contents) with batch program. For that I am using below code: @echo off cd /D %temp% for /d %%D in (*) do rd /s /q "%%D" del /f /q * i got above... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
0 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)