Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deleting file named *
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting file named * Post 302836577 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 24th of July 2013 11:18:05 AM
Old 07-24-2013
Escape the character to prevent shell interpolation
Code:
rm \*

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to delete a file named -e

I've been trying in vain to delete a file that I accidentally created. The name of the file is -e of course, everything I attempt to do with the rm command (rm -i * for example) comes back with: rm: illegal option -- e usage: rm file ... Any suggestions on what I can do to remove this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steelrose
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named Pipe contents to a file

I want to copy the contents of a named pipe to a file. I have tried using: cat pipe.p >> transcript.log but I have been unsuccessful, any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl_vieyra
4 Replies

3. Solaris

BIND 9 ---> no /etc/named.conf file after installation

Hi I installed BIND 9 from dvd image of my Solaris 10 (SUNWbind, SUNWbindr) and when I try to start it(svcadm enable network/dns/server), it says there is no /etc/named.conf file. Why is it so ? Should not this file be created during installation phase ? Do I have to create it manually ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe to file named with date

I would like to pipe (redirect ? - what is the right term?) the output of my script to a file named with the current date. If I run this at a command prompt: date +'%Y%m%d" ...it returns "20110429" OK, that's good... so I try: ./script.sh > "'date +%Y%m%d'.csv" I get a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landog
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Named.conf file missing Centos 5.

hello everyone, I have install centos 5 recently.The file /etc/named.conf not found. I have installed BIND using yum. so now what to do ?? should i create named.conf file manually ??? please help me. thanks, sharlin. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharlin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant able to delete file named '\'

Hi folks Please help to delete the file -rw-r--r-- 1 sri sri 157 Dec 13 04:42 \ here unexpectedly "\" is created. if am deleting using > rm \ --i cant able to delete by using the command ******* here is the output i got **** sri:> cat \ > please help me how to delete ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing a file list via named pipe

I have a ksh93 script I use that processes a file list in the order that they exist in the list. I would like to speed up processing of the list by having multiple processes handle it at once. I was thinking that perhaps a good way to handle this would be to write the list to a named pipe and some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benalt
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Remove oddly named file

I accidentally saved a txt file in vi with the name ":q!". no amount of regex tomfoolery I can think of will allow me to remove the file. anyone got any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to test named pipe file?

Hi ALL, How can I test a given file name exists and if it is a named pipe file in shell script ? Thanks............ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mycode.in
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows batch command for deleting particular pattern named folders in temp

Hi All,' I need to write a windows bat program to delete particular folders with naming pattern scoped_dir45666 (for example)(including contents) with batch program. For that I am using below code: @echo off cd /D %temp% for /d %%D in (*) do rd /s /q "%%D" del /f /q * i got above... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
0 Replies
IMAGESETINTERPOLATION(3)						 1						  IMAGESETINTERPOLATION(3)

imagesetinterpolation - Set the interpolation method

SYNOPSIS
bool imagesetinterpolation (resource $image, [int $method = IMG_BILINEAR_FIXED]) DESCRIPTION
Sets the interpolation method, setting an interpolation method affects the rendering of various functions in GD, such as the imagero- tate(3) function. PARAMETERS
o $ image -An image resource, returned by one of the image creation functions, such as imagecreatetruecolor(3). o $method - The interpolation method, which can be one of the following: o IMG_BELL: Bell filter. o IMG_BESSEL: Bessel filter. o IMG_BICUBIC: Bicubic interpolation. o IMG_BICUBIC_FIXED: Fixed point implementation of the bicubic interpolation. o IMG_BILINEAR_FIXED: Fixed point implementation of the bilinear interpolation ( default (also on image creation)). o IMG_BLACKMAN: Blackman window function. o IMG_BOX: Box blur filter. o IMG_BSPLINE: Spline interpolation. o IMG_CATMULLROM: Cubic Hermite spline interpolation. o IMG_GAUSSIAN: Gaussian function. o IMG_GENERALIZED_CUBIC: Generalized cubic spline fractal interpolation. o IMG_HERMITE: Hermite interpolation. o IMG_HAMMING: Hamming filter. o IMG_HANNING: Hanning filter. o IMG_MITCHELL: Mitchell filter. o IMG_POWER: Power interpolation. o IMG_QUADRATIC: Inverse quadratic interpolation. o IMG_SINC: Sinc function. o IMG_NEAREST_NEIGHBOUR: Nearest neighbour interpolation. o IMG_WEIGHTED4: Weighting filter. o IMG_TRIANGLE: Triangle interpolation. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 imagesetinterpolation(3) example <?php // Load an image $im = imagecreate(500, 500); // By default interpolation is IMG_BILINEAR_FIXED, switch // to use the 'Mitchell' filter: imagesetinterpolation($im, IMG_MITCHELL); // Continue to work with $im ... ?> NOTES
Changing the interpolation method affects the following functions when rendering: oimageaffine(3) oimagerotate(3) oimagescale(3) PHP Documentation Group IMAGESETINTERPOLATION(3)