Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Snake and ladder game
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Snake and ladder game Post 302836227 by ayarlaga on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 07:40:11 PM
Old 07-23-2013
Snake and ladder game

Hi,

I am designing snake and ladder game in unix. I am writing my script in bash shell in Solaris version.
This game is designed by me for which I would like to give access to two players.
When these players execute the game, there should be communication between the three participants(game and two players).
The players should be prompted to have roll the dice for a random number.
Each player must be able to see the other players move.

Could someone please help me out on how to establish this sort of communication between players?

Thanks in advance,
ayarlaga

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Game: Name this person

Simple rules... 1. Guess who it is, the first person to get it posts the next picture, post your guess as a reply to this thread. 2. Wait for the person who posted the picture to confirm that you are correct before posting a new picture. 3. If the person who posted the picture does not answer... (268 Replies)
Discussion started by: reborg
268 Replies

2. Programming

Tetris Game in C++

Open Source Project: https://github.com/yongye/cpp Ported from the shell: Shell (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: complex.invoke
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Snake game challenge in UNIX

Hey Guys, I have made this basic snake game but it a little bit different from conventional snake game. Learned some basics of Unix. Hope you enjoy playing it. Please download and run on your machine and suggest any changes i can make. and let me know if someone could score 1000 points ;) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit14august
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Word ladder Problem

Perl - Script Rules In a Word Ladder: Players get a starting word and an ending word Starting and ending words must be the same length (PIG and HOG, or CAT and DOG) Players change one letter at a time, attempting to move from the starting word to the ending word Each intermediate step... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies
HUNTD(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  HUNTD(6)

NAME
huntd -- hunt daemon, back-end for hunt game SYNOPSIS
huntd [-s] [-p port] DESCRIPTION
huntd controls the multi-player hunt(6) game. When it starts up, it tries to notify all members of the hunt-players mailing list (see sendmail(8)) by faking a talk(1) request from user ``Hunt Game''. The -s option is for running huntd forever (server mode). This is similar to running it under the control of inetd(8) (see below), but it consumes a process table entry when no one is playing. The -p option changes the UDP port number used to rendezvous with the player process and thus allows for private games of hunt. This option turns off the notification of players on the hunt-players mailing list. INETD To run huntd from inetd(8), you'll need to put the hunt service in /etc/services: hunt 26740/udp # multi-player/multi-host mazewars and add the following line to /etc/inetd.conf: hunt dgram udp wait nobody /usr/sbin/huntd huntd Do not use any of the command line options; if you want inetd(8) to start up huntd on a private port, change the port listed for hunt in /etc/services. NETWORK RENDEZVOUS
When hunt(6) starts up, it broadcasts on the local area net (using the broadcast address for each interface) to find a hunt game in progress. If a huntd hears the request, it sends back the port number for the hunt process to connect to. Otherwise, the hunt process starts up a huntd on the local machine and tries to rendezvous with it. SEE ALSO
talk(1), hunt(6), sendmail(8) AUTHORS
Conrad Huang, Ken Arnold, and Greg Couch; University of California, San Francisco, Computer Graphics Lab April 4, 2001