Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to calculate difference:? Post 302836147 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 03:18:57 PM
Old 07-23-2013
Like this?
Code:
awk '{printf "%s %10.0f MB %s\n", $1, ($3-p)/1024, $NF}{p=$3}' file

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate this time difference

Hi, Please help me in calculating the time difference between below mentioned timestamps. a=07/17/2007 02:20:00 AM MST b=07/17/2007 02:07:46 AM MST Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the time difference...

Hi All, I've written a script which reads all the systems backup information and saves it in a log file. ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -2 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/sapbackup/back$ORACLE_SID.log" |head -1 | awk '{print echo "PREVIOUS:-- Start Date&Time: " $3,$4,echo "|| End Date&Time:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the time difference.

Hi All, I've written a script which reads all the systems backup information and saves it in a log file. ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -1 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/sapbackup/back$ORACLE_SID.log" | awk '{print $3,$4,$5,$6}' >> ${RESULTFILE} The output comes as below: 2008-09-30 06.00.01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the difference between two adjacent columns?

Dear All, I need to find the difference between two adjacent columns. The file is having 'i' columns and i need to find the difference between two adjacent columns (like $1 difference $2; $2 difference $3; .... and $(i-1) difference $i). I have used the following coding awk '{ for (i=1; i<NF;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference

Hello, I'm trying to create a shell script (#!/bin/sh) which should tell me the age of a file in minutes... I have a process, which delivers me all 15 minutes a new file and I want to have a monitoring script, which sends me an email, if the present file is older than 20 minutes. To do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: worm
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Calculate the difference between two dates?

I want the difference between two following date using scripts in terms of no.of days. How I can accomplish this. lastdate=Tue Nov 13 10:30:56 2012 currdate=Wed Dec 15 15:58:21 PAKST 2012 Ouput should be like this: Your Password will expire after = 32 Days on Wed Dec 15 15:58:21 PAKST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate date difference

Hi All Can you please help me with UNIX script code that will work with ksh shell on UNIX server My Requirement Time1: 09/17/13101536 Time2: 09/16/13101536 I want to calculate the difference in minutes for the dates with format given above. I have a requirement to wait for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyb
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference

I have time in a file in HH:MM:SS format as it contents(its not the file creation time). i need this to be converted to epoch time or time since 1970. The time is written into that file by a script, which i cannot modify. Im using AIX machine $ cat abc.txt 10:29:34 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate percentage difference between two columns

I have a input text file in this format: ITEM1 10.9 20.1 ITEM2 11.6 12 ITEM3 14 15.7 ITEM5 20 50.6 ITEM6 25 23.6 I want to print those lines which have more than 5% difference between second and third columns. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
JOIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [-an] [-e s] [-o list] [-tc] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Join forms, on the standard output, a join of the two relations specified by the lines of file1 and file2. If file1 is `-', the standard input is used. File1 and file2 must be sorted in increasing ASCII collating sequence on the fields on which they are to be joined, normally the first in each line. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 that have identical join fields. The output line normally con- sists of the common field, then the rest of the line from file1, then the rest of the line from file2. Fields are normally separated by blank, tab or newline. In this case, multiple separators count as one, and leading separators are dis- carded. These options are recognized: -an In addition to the normal output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file n, where n is 1 or 2. -e s Replace empty output fields by string s. -o list Each output line comprises the fields specified in list, each element of which has the form n.m, where n is a file number and m is a field number. -tc Use character c as a separator (tab character). Every appearance of c in a line is significant. SEE ALSO
sort(1), comm(1), awk(1). BUGS
With default field separation, the collating sequence is that of sort -b; with -t, the sequence is that of a plain sort. The conventions of join, sort, comm, uniq, look and awk(1) are wildly incongruous. 7th Edition April 29, 1985 JOIN(1)