Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to split big file on HP-UX and join on Windows? Post 302836025 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 11:32:16 AM
Old 07-23-2013
If it is already compressed, can you just binary FTP it? Winzip should be able to extract it.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a Big Report.

Hi All, I am a newbie for Unix Script. I have report like the following: (file name: Report.txt): Report No.: AAA BE NO: 111 asfsdflsjdfklsdjfklsjfklsfsflsjdlk fsdfjsfkjsklfsfj Report No.: AAA BE NO: 111 sdfsdfjsdklfjsfkj fsdflkjsdfklsjkl Report No.: AAA (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: raychu65
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split BIG report using nawk

I have the following nawk script: nawk -F: '{ if($0 ~ "^Report No") {fl=1; i=0;} if(fl==1){data=$0; i++} if($0 ~ "^BE NO:") { fname = "reprot_"$2".lis"; gsub(" ","",fname); for(j=0;j<i;j++) print data > fname; fl=0; } else if(fl==0) print $0 > fname; }' filename When I try to apply... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raychu65
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed : Split one big file to multiple files

Hi friends, I have data in flat file as following, first filed is the customer number. We have almost 50-100 customers in the system 100 ABC A123 100 BVC D234 100 BNC N324 200 CBC A122 200 AVC D294 200 HNC N324 300 GBC A173 300 FVC D234 300 DNC N344 I want to split the file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monicasgupta
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl help to split big verilog file into smaller ones for each module

Hi I have a big verilog file with multiple modules. Each module begin with the code word 'module <module-name>(ports,...)' and end with the 'endmodule' keyword. Could you please suggest the best way to split each of these modules into multiple files? Thank you for the help. Example of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Split a big file into two others files

Hello, i have a very big file that has more then 80 MBytes (100MBytes). So with my CVS Application I cannot commit this file (too Big) because it must have < 80 MBytes. How can I split this file into two others files, i think the AIX Unix command : split -b can do that, buit how is the right... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Split Big XML into multiple xmls

Hi friends.. We have urgent requirement.We need to split the big xml having multiple orders into multiple xmls having each order in each xml. For Example In input XMl will be in following format with multiple line orders.. <OrderDetail BillToKey="20100805337" Createuserid="CreateGuestOrder"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dprakash
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a big file into multiple files based on first four characters

I have a requirement to split a huge file to smaller text files based on first four characters which look like ABCD 1234 DFGH RREX : : : : : 0000 Each of these records are OF EQUAL bytes with a different internal layout based on the above first digit identifier.. Any help to start... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a big file into multiple files using awk

this thread is a continuation from previous thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/223901-split-big-file-into-multiple-files-based-first-four-characters.html ..I am using awk to split file and I have a syntax error while executing the below code I am using AIX 7.2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split Big XML file Base on tag

HI I want to split file base on tag name. I have few header and footer on file <?xml version="1.33" encing="UTF-8"?> <bulkCmConfigDataFile" <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT"> <xn:MeContext id="PPP04156"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Split a big file system to several files

Gents Actually I have question and i need your support. I have this NAS file system mounted as /coresys has size of 7 TB I need to Split this file system into several file systems as mount points I mean how to can I Split it professionally to different NAS mount points how to can I decide... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbuAliiiiiiiiii
2 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)